testing software???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• testing software???

Can some1 tell me what program i should be using to test my o/clocked cpu for stability?

I run SETI@home (Method 2/ command line interface) in combination with 3DMark '01 Build 330 ('03 is far to based on video card than total system IMHO) and/or PCMark '02 (I like fast but more importantly very quick, stable and responsive rigs).

Comment

Try Prime95 Torture Test. link

Comment

I have ran 3d mark 01 and its verry stable also hot cpu tester pro for 1 hour and it was fine does this mean its stable enough?

Comment

Originally posted by cocotheclown
          I have ran 3d mark 01 and its verry stable also hot cpu tester pro for 1 hour and it was fine does this mean its stable enough?
          Have ya tried both at the same time? Is that even possible as I've never tried Hot CPU Tester before let alone the Pro version? :?:

Comment

I verry much dought they would run at the same time as the cpu tester hammers the cpu and ram so you prety much cant use the pc at all while the test is running but i will try it :)

Comment

Prime 95. It will pick up things nothing else will.

Comment

hmm, i had Prime95 crash after 15 hours and some odd minutes.. think that's stable enough?

Comment

I think thats stable.....some people won't but I only use it to see if it makes it past the first test. Its an indicator to me and if it fails the first test it fails 3DMark every time, and the only time i'm at those settings is for benchmarking and then I put it back to 3ghz. I don't run max settings 24/7 so I don't need to worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X