Better Overclocking P4C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VinnieVen:

Did you use the P4C800-E's AI to o'clcok or did you do it manually ? If the latter what settings did you use ?

Jack

Comment

I did it manually as I couldnt get it to boot at the AI's 30%, but wanted more than the 20% option.

As for settings, I have the FSB set to 254mhz, voltage bumped up 10% for the CPU and memro is set at 1:1 I believe. I don't have the system infront of me at the moment to confirm however.

Comment

Incase anyone was wondering.... I've had my rig setup for a few weeks now. Going strong with my 2.4 @ 3ghz... 36C idle. The rest of what I actually ended up with is in the sig below.

EDIT: I'm running at 1:1 ratio, stock Intel HSF, and memory acceleration enabled.

Comment

Vin:

Originally posted by VinnieVen
          I did it manually as I couldnt get it to boot at the AI's 30%, but wanted more than the 20% option.

As for settings, I have the FSB set to 254mhz, voltage bumped up 10% for the CPU and memro is set at 1:1 I believe. I don't have the system infront of me at the moment to confirm however.
          On our P4S8X's, you have a choice of Synchronous, Asyncronous and Performance with the chipset which controls AGP/PCI/Memory frequency and 1) they don't tell you what "Perofrmance" is . I am hoping that they lket you control all that separately in the P4C800 as I'd like to keep memory synchronous and leave AGP alone. Did yo adjust the memory timings ? If so, to what ? My nephew wouldn't go for the PC500 and went with the PC433 HyperX stuff

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
            if you are really trying to get the most for your money, why didn't you go with AMD?

besides, they OC better than any p4 ;)

:2cents:
            That, is a false statement. :rolleyes2

Nice choice with the OCZ and the rest of your setup...ill have my OCZ 4000 Gold soon as well.. :thumb:.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
              That, is a false statement. :rolleyes2
              Excuse me? Until you can change the muliplier on an intel chip I'll keep my statement.

Comment

Excuse me? Until you can change the muliplier on an intel chip I'll keep my statement.
                Sorry, but I have yet to see AMDs overclock more than 1.2ghz on stock cooling.

Until they can do that, I will keep my statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
                  Sorry, but I have yet to see AMDs overclock more than 1.2ghz on stock cooling.
                  So what? What does that have to do with anything? Since when does anyone measure the overclocking ability of any cpu by what the stock HSF can handle :?:

Comment

So what? What does that have to do with anything? Since when does anyone measure the overclocking ability of any cpu by what the stock HSF can handle :?:
                    You said the AMDs overclock better. In the current timeframe, that is not true.

Comment

This is obviously not going anythere productive, so just drop it and let this get back on subject. :rolleyes:

Comment

2.4C is by FAR the best OCing chip on the market today for aircooled systems 3.2 to 3.3ghz should not be a problem. It already has a low MULTI (12) and can often hit over 300FSB Aircooled. NO Aircooled OCd AMD can match the perfornmance of a HT INTEL at that speed. (3.6ghz) Unfortunately your MOBO will HALT you at 3.0ghz because of memory divider issues. Get an IC7-Max3 if you can afford it or an ASUS P4P800 deluxe if you need to save as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                        X