Thermal Compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Compound

I need some new heat transfer compound for my hsf, but cant decide between Arctic silver ceramique TC and Arctic silver 3 TC

what would you ppl suggest out of these two? or have you got something even better? :D

I've been usin' AS3 for quite a while now and still have a few dozen more applications left in the tube before I decide on a replacement.

Comment

nother vote for AC3 here, that stuff is a real life saver...well a cpu saver anyway

Comment

thx all :)

*orders as3*

Comment

Creamique is supposed to be better but less noob friendly.

Comment

I read a review on Thermal compounds (forget where) but they showed it on a graph.
            Shin Etsu was by far the best (4degrees less than others) after the 3 day cure.
            I couldn't find it. So I bought the Cooler Master premium, made by shin etsu. I hope it works as good as it says.

Regards,
            Chez

Comment

OCAU forums has a group buy for Shin Etsu i ordered 2 tubes, recently ordered some more AS3 and Nanotherm XTC Silver

Comment

I am a reading/learning junkie when it comes to something I Am interested in.
                Since I started to want to overclock I have gone all out and read just about every article I can find.
                Same thing with the new system I am building(just waiting on the parts to come in, some have already) I will put it in my Signature box here soon.

The most I have got out of all of them is RELAX, ENJOY and do it right the first time. Learn from other peoples mistakes.

Use the right compound for the job. Lap the heat sink as to get the best conductivity. Ect. Ect. Ect.

First take care of your hardware , and the abuse you will put it through, so it will take care of you.

Then you can delve into the software part knowing you did your best with the hardware to be able to safely OC and go all out.

Just my thoughts,
                Chez :blah:

Comment

Very sound thinkin' there m8. :thumb:

Comment

a 1C drop using ceramique over as3....maybe, i'm doing it wrong but i saw the same results on a review so i don't feel so bad....

Comment

I also had a 1-2c drop with ceramique over as3 but there is better than both out there. I'm not fanatic enough to get anything better. And with lots of applications of both left, I'm not worried.
                      I read an article somewhere that amd is voiding warranty if their oem stuff is not used.
                      athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
                      tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
                      asus a7n8xe-dlx
                      thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
                      bfg 6800gt
                      seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
                      samsung dvdrw
                      2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
                      logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
                      2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
                      creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
                      mushkin 550w