Oc Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oc Noob

Hi, im newbie to the whole OC thing as you can see. I would like to start out by screwing with my FSB. Currently its standard (133 i think?) and in the manual for my mobo it says i can get it up to 255. now can someone help me? is this bull? what are the heating dangers? do i need funky cooling? i want to get my 1600+ to maybe crank out 1.8 or 2.0. i think that could be possible being that its clocked @ 1.4. Should i even bother with my dinky little XP or should i get one of those Barton nutsacks?
    Whats up with dry ice and water coolers? I work for an HVAC contractor and have access to a billion coils and gallons and gallons of cooling liquids

i have
    Soyo Dragon Mega Ultra Platnum Satan Lives Edition KT-400
    XP 1600+
    512 elixer ddr
    20gb maxtor
    Radeon 9700pro
    Sblive!
    Irish car bombs baby

Here's a good guide to get ya goin' with.

Those high 200MHz+ speeds can be obtained (though 255MHz is a bit optimistic) but the multplier must be lowered to do this and high quality PC3200/3500 memory a must.

A lot of those XP1600+'s can get up to XP2000+/XP2100+ ratings most times.

As for dry ice well any cooling where below room temps is employed then a big effort must also be put in to controlling condensation. Watercooling at room temp would be the way to go.

Comment

hey Wiggo, with those prometia/chip-con phase change cooling do you need to make it condension proof b/c it seems like the outside is made to hold in all water (I'm not getting one, im just thinking about testing out my own dual peltier water cooling system and i want to know all the facts before i **** up my little 2.0 ghz system...)

Comment

yep u need to be especially careful with those cuz they bring ur cpu to <0 C temps U gotta worry about condensation all over the place there, especially on the pins of ur cpu. :cheers:

Comment

The Prometeia and Vapochill include all the necessary parts for prevention of condensation.
          Have a look around www.procooling.com/ and see if they have something more on it.

Comment

hmmm...I think I could get less than 10C if i could just make it condense proof and spend $500...

Comment

That's why I'm goin' to try a watercooled system with the radiator mounted to a peltier chilled evaporative air cooler so that condensation is guarranteed to take place only outside of the case (I hope).

Comment

NO!!!!! you idea stealer LoL I was thinking of that and maybe on the bottom of a custom resivoir...should work well enough

Comment

Umm... I think that I've mentioned this idea here a few times over the last 6 or so months here but don't let that stop ya from bein' 1st to get there (Wiggo's advantage = a bloody huge garden shed).

Comment

oh well then, sorry, I jumped to fast, it just came to me in a dream a few weaks ago. t00|b0xs advantage = drawings on his math homework! LoL but if you do it first congrats, I have some drawings on my computer, if i find them and make them look nice i'll upload them...

Comment

I already have 2 leaky air coolers with tubs for them to sit into plus enogh retail HSF's to do the job once I get 2 suitable peltiers.

Comment

heh, imma tie mine into water cooling

Comment

i want to incorporate r-22 into a unit. that will keep anything cool

Comment

Working...
                          X