No announcement yet.

Nvidia System Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they have it for the nForce 3 PRO (for Opertron) and will the have it for the K8 Clawhammer?
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Here's another screenshot of Nvidia's new NVoverclock utility. Reportedly not only does it work, but it works well, and it doesn't require rebooting. NVoverclock is still being developed, so there's no confirmed release date yet, but let's hope that it is available when Nvidia releases its new NForce2 southbridge chipset in July/August. (Beefy: that's sorted now)

Comment

I'm sorry but ya'll can call me "old fashioned" as I still find the best overclockin' thru the BIOS and not some extra program runnin' in Windows after it loads. It's synthetic overclockin'. :thumbs do

Come on, I mean the line has to be drawn somewhere and sftware has never got me a better overclock yet (and I've tried them, to get my startin' point in BIOS). : peace2:

Comment

Wiggo: You have an extremely good knowledge of computers so your views are understandable, and no doubt many others will agree with you. However this utility offers (Nforce2) users with very little computer knowledge the opportunity to overclock, which has to be a good thing, doesn't it. :?:

Comment

True but where do we draw the line at who has enough sense enough to be allowed to use it after readin' the readme? :?:

There are some here that I'm still certain could stuff it up. :D

Comment

Wiggo: Personally I can't see this program allowing "extreme" overclocking, but after reading a thread in the Video Cards Forum I do see your point.

Comment

Comment

Well doesn't the software change the BIOS settings directly from within Windows? I mean after all, the BIOS is just a computer program that resides on the motherboard ROM that allows you to change settings on the motherboard. What's the difference if you can change those same settings from a program running in the Windows environment? I would assume that after you change the settings and reboot into BIOS the changes made from within the Windows application would be reflected in BIOS wouldn't they?

An overclocker could try a variety of different settings and test for speed changes far more rapidly if he didn't have to reboot every time. Of course if he is testing the upper limits of stability and crashes his system he'll still be stuck opening up the case and resetting CMOS :p Nothing's going to change that.

Weta: I noticed looking at that last screenshot that the CPU temperature indicated over 150C and the CPU fan speed was 6%!!!!! That can't be healthy!!

I hope that wasn't accurately showing specs on someone's system!! ;)

Comment

<center>NVIDIA System Utility Application
                    System-Level Access Like Never Before
                    KEY FEATURES
                    Voltage and bus speed monitoring: Track actual motherboard voltages, bus speeds, and CPU core speed to ensure safe and correct settings.
                    Temperature and fan speed monitoring: Real-time monitoring of CPU and system temperatures to prevent hardware damage.
                    Dynamically adjustable bus speeds: On-the-fly overclocking of critical busses without a reboot and without the potential of BIOS corruption.
                    Dynamically adjustable voltages and fan speeds: Adjust motherboard voltage levels without a reboot, as well as dynamically control fan speeds
                    Dynamically adjustable memory timings: Change critical memory timings without rebooting and without entering the BIOS.
                    Windows-based BIOS interface: Access and adjust key BIOS settings from Windows without directly entering the BIOS at boot time.
                    Profile management: Save, import, and export specific overclocking or BIOS profiles.
                    System hardware and software information: Provide version information for critical hardware components, platform drivers, and DIMM SPD.

COMING SOON! The NVIDIA System Utility will be available in an upcoming NVIDIA driver release.

NVIDIA System Utility screenshot 1

Comment

System Utility is part of NVIDIA's new ForceWare unified software environment.

NVIDIA System Utility screenshot 2

Comment

NVIDIA System Utility screenshot 3

Comment

So this is only available to people with Nforce chipsets??

Comment

Originally posted by Mike2010
                            So this is only available to people with Nforce chipsets??
                            Actually it's designed for nForce2 (and maybe nForce3) so that's all it'll work for.

Comment

any idea when it will be available?

Comment

NVIDIA Delivers Tool for Maximizing PC Performance
                                New NVIDIA System Utility Software Provides Easy Way For Users To Tune Their PC
                                NVIDIA System Utility

Version: 1.0
                                File Size: 5 MB
                                Release Date: October 27, 2003

Overview>> Download Site <<

Release Notes

This is the initial release of the NVIDIA System Utility

Supported products: NVIDIA nForce 2 Ultra 400 - NVIDIA nForce2 400 - NVIDIA nForce3 Pro 150 - NVIDIA nForce3 150
                                Supported operating systems for this release: Windows XP - Windows 2000 - Windows ME - Windows 98SE

Best when run at 1024x768 16-bit color

Products Supported

Full product functionality is only available on the products below. Check www.nvidia.com/motherboards periodically for updated vendor support of this utility.

NVIDIA nForce2: ASUS A7N8X-E - Biostar M7NCG - Epox EP-8RDA+ - Epox EP-8RDA3+ - ABIT NF7-S
                                NVIDIA nForce 3: Gigabyte K8NNXP - Shuttle AN50

NOTE: Some NVIDIA nForce products will require you to update your BIOS to enable functionality with the NVIDIA System Utility.

Comment

Working...
                                X