How high should i go and how do i know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How high should i go and how do i know

how high should i o\c my r9700 pro i got it at 339.75\c and 321.75\m, im testing with 3dmark 001 se what should i look for to know when to turn it back down?

main thing to see how far you have gone is pc shutting off / restarting in 3d apps or even in windows if u go far enough. so then you would turn it down a notch and try again

Comment

You can feel it when its right.

Or you can wait unitill it smells like somone is making marshmellows everytime you turn it on.

Or if it catches on fire to easy.

The power company calls and says your giving them too much money....

Your neighbors cat dies in it..because the fans are so power full and the case is soo big....

Windows complians and says only bill gates is allowed to run xp this easy...

Windows gives you an error that reads like this

Warning your system tempurature is too high dumbass...lol

the agp apurature can't go ne higher

The bus is so jacked up that you can see it glow at night.

stuff like that

But thats my comptuer...duno about urs:shrug: :flames: :devil win :devil: :smokin:

Comment

Originally posted by 0R1()N
        You can feel it when its right.

Or you can wait unitill it smells like somone is making marshmellows everytime you turn it on.

Or if it catches on fire to easy.

The power company calls and says your giving them too much money....

Your neighbors cat dies in it..because the fans are so power full and the case is soo big....

Windows complians and says only bill gates is allowed to run xp this easy...

Windows gives you an error that reads like this

Warning your system tempurature is too high dumbass...lol

the agp apurature can't go ne higher

The bus is so jacked up that you can see it glow at night.

stuff like that

But thats my comptuer...duno about urs:shrug: :flames: :devil win :devil: :smokin:
        Man if ya can't help people with their questions or bring any help to the topic then please just shut up.. You like a child.. :scream:

Comment

Originally posted by Jerm357
          how high should i o\c my r9700 pro i got it at 339.75\c and 321.75\m, im testing with 3dmark 001 se what should i look for to know when to turn it back down?
          Jerm also check for other signs like visual abnormalities which often occur if you set your memory frequency to high..

Comment

The tweaker....the first sugestion is a real one....you can feel it when its right I meant that as an expression...but god forbid I try to have fun here....:shrug:....you know whats funny..you must of really liked my post..becuase thier was no reason for quoting it as it yours was the next reply after it...lol just chill man I'd think your the child for snappin like that at such funny material..

Comment

Oh forgot to mention one more thing as I refuse to agrue with anyone here about anything....Unless one of the admins asks me to stop you'll just have to scream out loud unitll they do...but if they do I'll have no problem stopping the"Childish behaviour ":cheers:

Comment

in 3d mark2002 i see some terring on like the house in the dragon test and the test where all the colors are sworlling around but it was like that even befor i o\c it might be the refresh rate i dont understand it i have a nec multisync fe991 sb right now im running it at 60hz whin i turn it up the screen shakes like its vibrating up until i hit 90hz then it looks tight after time it sometimes starts so i just leave it at 60 is that bad:shrug:

Comment

I don't do alot of ocing but 9700 is a power house kickass card I'd leave it...but tears and white pixels and distorion is a sign of your goin to far so I'd back down...also mem don't alwasy oc that high

Comment

but it wasdoing this befor i o\c

Comment

so can any tell me about refresh rates and help me with my problem on why i cant realy get it past 60 hz and if i really should:snip:

Comment

ok...serious time now....first off...WOW! you have a 9700 pro and can't go past 60 hz refresh rate? The first thing that I would tell anyone is that aint right, but you know that...ummm check to make sure you have your monitor installed properly and also under the performance tab when you right click on mycomputer make sure you have graphics acceleration bar as high as it will go.

Do you see any visible signs of damage on the card?

where did you buy it from?

are you sure you dident screw the card before you put it in somehow?

and lastely how high do you have the resolution? 800x600 or 2500x1600 and do you know how to change the resolution and refresh rate?

does windows have some funky auto refrest rate on?

is the adaper set to adapter default or optimal? and(i know i said it was gona be the last one 5 ones ago lol!!)

did you try uninstall/reinstall the drivers and card?

take it out and turn the power on then put it back in might help with a clean install after you remove the drivers

take a look at your device manager...do you see any problem devices.

Do you have a virus?

does your monitor support refresh rates over 60hz?

and hz and

81.2 khz= 99hz soooo its kinda different.....:idea:

Comment

Thanks 4 the help But i might be the stupidest man on earth. When ever i would try to chang the refresh rate i would just pick the opision change to the setting without restarting windows, i never thought it would make a big diffreance to restart windows but shure enuff i just tryed it and its works fine no more shakes or vibrations of the screen now that i know what works what should i set it at 60 hz to 100 hz thats all the choises that it said wont damage the monitor sorry 4 the stupid questions but man i just came from a compaq w\400 amd k6 2 and a 3dfx voodoo 3000 to an alienware w\2.8ghz and the radeon im kind of lost

Comment

wait its back again what the hell is the problem i did'ent install the card alienware did the res is 1024 by 728 at 32 bit color yes the moniter can do it the book says i dont now about windows and a auto refresh rate but this is really pissing me off i wrote alienware and asked them about it still waiting 4 reply if my card was messed up why would 60hz run just fine:grr: if any one has an idea pleas help

Comment

well, now I know what I'm dealing with here.....Its an xp os isint it??? :smokin:

ok I don't wana be the one to tell you this but I have played on an Alienware system with an 9700 on it and I know it can handle it, so whatever problem you are facing is probably one of these suggestions.....

A. something the alien ware guys did wasent right.

B. its a Windoz confilct...and I will be the first one to tell you I feel your pain :mad: ..when I got my first video card it was a voodoo 3 2000 pci and I tired to install it in an intergrated compuke system....with a s3trio 1 mb..lol video and when I tried changing any of the settings or install 3dfx tools It would not have it at all...same probelms you are decribing....pops..distortion...monitor looks like its on drugs...ect..

C. did you get alien adrelnalin installed( thier video optimizer) maybee you have to change/enable a setting in thier.

D. Are you 100% sure the device manager isint complaining about anything?

E. and the most fustrating,but not that hard to happen one of all..you have a bad mobo or card....I know,but it can happen....so get on the phone with tech support, I hope you have a warranty on it. and surely they gave you a tech support numb to call, and let them know how displeased with this 3000$ + piece of machinery you are....:grr: :tears: :shrug:

btw...check the voltage rating on your Power supply unit.( the thing you plug power in) make sure it has at least a 300watt rating)

wait!!! brain storm!!! the 9700 requires a floppy power connection...pop ur case open and check to see that you have a Floppy power cable pluged into the card.

If its not pluged in I've hear it will do this kind of thing...not function correctly ...It will act like its a sick puppy....the floppy has a red yellow and black wire on it but so does the rest of the power cords and its the smallest one in the case...most likely...the reason i suggest this to you is the way they wire thier cases is very tight wire setup ...for minimum clutter so it is possible for that power plug to have detatched during shipment....

I hope this is the problem....

Comment

Working...
                              X