drivers for xp running on gf2mx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drivers for xp running on gf2mx

i got gforce2 mx/400 running on winXP system. I also got a small fan on top of the card blowing air. But it seems to crash my system every so often or when i start a game it freezes, this didnt happen when its running a MS drivers, just when its running the Nvidia ones. Its not overclocked at all. I just run it at 4x agp. I hardly run any games, and i dont care to. I just need it to be stable. can i do it w/o using ms drivers.

What version is the driver for that card? If it's version 40.41, you may actually get artifacts, and other graphical glitches, maybe even crashes.

The best drivers 'I think are' at the moment, are posted on another subject, here's the link (yet again :p)

Click me!

Go down three posts, and the driver links are there. :D

If those drivers don't work, goto the NVidia website, and download driver version 30.82, that's another stable driver.

We create the world’s fastest supercomputer and largest gaming platform.

Comment

Your problem sounds a bit like the old Infinite Loop or NV Loop/BSOD error. The best way to fix this is to try different driver versions till you find one that doesn't give you this error. The Guru of 3D has a large selection of drivers for you to try (officials and betas) serveral will work or go back to your original drivers. What actual version of driver will work for you no one can really say as each setup reacts differently to another and what maybe great for some maybe your worst nightmare. ;)
      good luck. :thumb:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

thanks guys, will give it a shot see what happens.

Comment

Working...
        X