Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct 3d error??

Hi,

I am one of the 200 lucky winners of the Age of mythologie marketing beta. The beta ran fine on my geforce 2 MX 400. Have played a lot since i got it. On one day my dad came home with a geforce 4 mx 460 (asus v8170 pro) he said i could install it in my system so i did. I tried installing the drivers that came with the card but they wount install. So i downloaded the newest nvidia drivers (xp 40.79 beta or something like that) and installed them. I fired up my beta and got in a game. :eek: Lots of corrupted texturstures and crazy texture ****, like triangles comeing out of units (?) i tried installing asus drivers again and again and again, I installed tons of nvidia drivers notging helped. As a last resort i went back to my previous installed beta drivers....nothing. When i tried to run the game i wount run any more..... It constantly gives a

initialization failed
    Direct 3d initialization failed. frequent cause is an old driver.
    please check log file

So I re-installed direct x 8.1 again and again, installed nwe drivers again and again, and re installed the game again and again. I put my geforce 2 back in the pc again, nothing works!!

my specs:

windows xp pro with service pack 1 US
    amd athlon 1, 4 ghz
    asus v8170 pro (geforce 4 mx 460)
    direct x 8.1

any one know a solution,

I would be very graitfull.

PS sorry for my english, im from holland.

:mad:

have you change your graphics card driver to vga mode .i had the same problem with my radeon 7000 card

Comment

vga mode??

Comment

right clik on your screen clik on propertys. under settings go to advanced properties .
        clik on adapter then clik on change on ther sould be standard display mode vga try it hope it works for you :smokin:

Comment

thank you for youre help, but i fised the problem, i would rather have the geforce 4 in my pc but then the game wount run soo, ive taken it out and dit everything again (install drivers direct x etc and suddenly it worked again:afro:

Comment

You cannot install video drivers while others are being used and that's why you had the problems and why you have to change the video card to standard PCI VGA mode so Windows can release the old drivers plus others before installing or upgrading them. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i want to play age of mythology! :laugh:

Comment

aaah I see. Well I will try agaim. But how do I change to normal VGA mode. Do I have to delete the graphics adapter and reinstall it under normal VGA card ? .... or do something in the bios.

Comment

In XP I think you do or do it in safe mode (not am expert with XP yet so someone might clear that one up for me) but all Win 9x oses you can do it thru the display properties. :smokin:
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

mmm, ill go and see

Comment

Well, I did what you guys said.....
                      Well I still got LOTS of graphics corruption in the beta, icons on my desktop are all ****ed up to.....
                      So could this geforce be malfunctioning?
                      I mean the beta should be compatible with the card, and if that is not the case... Windows XP should.

Any more Ideas?

Comment

Sounds like you may have to send the card back then. :cry:

Comment

aha, Well thanks for all the help, tweakers.

Comment

Working...
                          X