Whitch driver to use under Xp-Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitch driver to use under Xp-Pro

I'm installing XP-PRO and wonder what driver that is best to use with my Ti4600? And where can i find it...?

There are so many to try that it is kinda hard to just say that THIS version is the best. Youll just have to try them out and see which one works well with your system. Most of the 28.xx and 29.xx series drivers have shown a lot of promise, so that might be a good place to start playing. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

http://www.guru3d.com/ is a good place to get drivers from and as there are now so many different combinations of hardware now it's too hard to say which version would be better for you so you'll just have to try different versions to see which one gives you the best performance. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Go with the 23.11's. That way when you hit the problem where the refresh rate is locked @ 60Hz, you can install the Nvidia Refresh Rate Fix. So you will not be stuck @ 60Hz.

edit: the Nvidia Refresh Rate Fix doesn't work with the latest Nvidia Drivers, that's why go with the 23.11's

Later

Comment

I use the 29.42 driver amd that works like a beaut but you are restricted to a 60Hz refreshment rate...: peace2:
          - Damien

Comment

For those worried about the refresh rate with later drivers and want a tweaking utility as well then head over to http://www.guru3d.com/ and d/l their latest version of nVHardPage which supports up to 29.60 Dets with the refresh rate fix. :smokin:

Comment

Did Nvidia release the oficial 30.30s yet? All i can find are the leaked versions unless im mistaken? I thought i read that nvidia was suposed to release the oficial ones on july 15th? Anyone know about this? Thx perc.............................................. .............

Comment

Officially nVidia are only up to 29.42 but they are the ones who also release those unofficial drivers but thru other ppl. :smokin:

Comment

:cool: The following have all worked for me: 29.42, 29.80, 30.30 & 30.82. :rolleyes:

Comment

i gues im just waiting for this majik driver thats going to make my card work 200% better! i'm sad to say nothing of the such has come out and i'm starting to believe that there is no such driver and the performace i'm seeing from my 4600's is about as good as it gets! I was hoping that this wasn't so and that the drivers still had some work needed to them? kinda like with the old g-force3 cards when they finaly got thier drivers maxed out and how much better they ran. Oh well what you gonna do? right?

Comment

When you get that majic driver make sure you post a link right here.

Comment

Working...
                      X