Upgrade Help Driver's lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Help Driver's lost

Lo all, Just upgraded from AMD64 3700+ on K8v-se (754) to AMD64 x2 4400+ on a A8N-sli (939). The problem i've got is once i got every thing up and going i am missing the following -
    ethernet controller
    multimedia audio controller
    other pci bridge device
    pci memory controller
    raid controller
    sm bus controller
    As this board was bought second hand and did not come with driver disc i am stuck. I have looked through the download part on asus site for this motherboard but i cannot see what i'm ment to be downloading to make all these things work !!!
    I would be very greatfull for any help. Thanks all

Re: Upgrade Help Driver's lost

best thing to do would be to go to the manufacturers website and search for that model mobo and find the drivers there. Other wise there is always DriversGuide but thats a bit harder to find the drivers for what you need.

Comment

This one is easy: Just go to http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx and plug in the information requested (motherboard, series, model). The chipset drivers would be first followed by the audio drivers.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Hi, thanks for advise so far.
        Got some of the drivers, but still no- Ethernet controller, Media audio controller or Raid controller. Dont know which ones these could be. I've downloaded a few of them but no joy yet. Any idea's ?
        Also my sound card does not show up. I've tryed changing pci slot nothing, also adding new hardware but the system just hangs when i do that, then i've gotta go through safe mode to get pc to work again.
        Any idea's folk's
        THANK ALL

Comment

Go to Nvidia.com and download the latest chipset drivers for the NF4 chipset.

As for the soundcard, there were some issues with Creative Audigy cards and the NF4 chipset if I am not mistaken. I'll see what I can find.
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Thanks i'll do that and bomb the creative card off

Comment

Working...
            X