Geoforce ti4600 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoforce ti4600 problems

This started WAAAYYY back when, it began right after my comp was reformated by a friend of mine. My computer was acting up so i reformated my comp. I have a standard dell demension 8250 and a another friend of mine replace my crappy vid card with a geoforce ti4600 before the my comp was reformated ( it was working fine). Now, i lost my boot up disks and the only one i have is this driver disk for the chipset, monitor, keyboard, old vid adapters,bios ect ect. (i have no clue about any of that), so my friend said he would take care of it so i let him ( Hey it was free..) soo.. i got my comp back with alot of my drivers missing. and under my vid adapter on device manager/hardware it didnt say anything, so i clicked "scan for hardware changes" and it picked up the geoforceti4600 andit automatically downloaded a bunch of files after detecting it. its enabled. But i cant run games like WOW, Morrowind, nor battlefield.. it wasnt even letting me load MAPLE STORY.. so i retsrated my comp, and yeah my startup screen ita bluured and my monitor keeps turning on and off and when it finally loads to my desktop its like super laggy and my monitor turns on and off and then my computer restarts itself,thus the process begins again, i downloaded the drivers on Nvdia.com, restarted it and no use..does it have to do with monitor drivers? or chipset? bios? im completely lost....

anyone has any suggestions? some help would be appreciated. (sorry for the long paragraph but yeah.. i just wanted to get it out there) thanks for taking the time to read my plea for help.

Re: Geoforce ti4600 problems

Download and install drivers from nvidia.com.

Comment

I did download the lastest nvidia drivers, plus i downloaded the lastest direct x beforehand. Ive downloaded all of my drivers on my Dell resource disk (chipset, bios,ect ect) except this one because it did'nt come with the computer. When my friend installed this card it worked perfectly. So im confused. I saw that my AGP Aperture size was on 256mb and i switched it to 128MB and that didnt work. When i finished downloading my drivers it gave me an error "Geoforce Ti4600 Failed To Complete Drawing Operation" after i restarted. I dont have a clue to fix this problem.

Thanks for reading and responding.

Comment

Just an idea that may have no merit: You said that in device manager there were no video drivers installed to start with. It may be worth looking in Add/Remove software to see it your buddy installed some incorrect drivers that were not properly detected but are causeing a conflict anyway. You may also want to try DriverCleaner http://www.drivercleaner.net/ ... follow instructions and reinstall your nVidia drivers. Other options include checking to make certain all connections are good including reseating the videocard itself.
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

yeah didnt work I dont know whats going on but since i got this thing reformated its completely haywire. It has WORKED BEFORE so it drives me mad. I dont know if i have something outdated or something i dont know what to do.

any more ideas?

Thanks for the suggestions guys and thanks for reading.

Comment

i also realized the same problem happened (the monitor turning on and off, screen VERY SLOW image Blown up, Automatic restart and it loops again after log in) when i update to service pack II...

hopefully that helps..

thanks for reading...

Comment

Working...
            X