flash the bios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flash the bios?

having problems flashing my bios. I have no floppy drive so ive been trying to run in dos boot mode for some reason every boot cd that i have made hasnt worked right. any suggestions? would it be safe to run the flasher in windows safe mode with command prompt?
    my view on the two party system...

Re: flash the bios?

It's not suggested to flash with a CD, but I've done it several times with no problems. I used my win98 boot disk and let it get to the prompt...then swapped the CD with the flash CD.

Comment

Well what brand is your motherboard? Some motherboard manufacturers have windows utilities that you can download that allows you to flash within windows. On my abit motherboard I use a program called flashmenu that flashes my bios with one click.

Comment

MSI. Its nuts. Ive tried 5-6 boot images that ive burned on dif programs.. for some reason they are not beeing read =( im just going to do it with cmd prompt in windows safe mode.. im sure thats some what safe.. ill have a backkup bios in case... lol like that would work how would i put the back up back. what a nutsie problem

Comment

Why not just use Winflash? I have used that program to flash many a MSI bios right in windows. Just a thought.
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Never heard of it till now... THANKS MATE.

Comment

Working...
            X