X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce4 MX4000 AGP card driver needed

10-May-06

To: forums.tweaktown.com

Am relatively new to the lingo; so not sure on driver searches. It seems the anti-virus destroyed the video/graphics(?) board driver - along with the virus. The screen is practically unreadable now. I checked. The nvidea driver is definitely damaged and can't run.

Checked the nvidea site and several others. Nobody seems to have a driver for this particaular card. Nor do I know the specs, driver version, manufacturer nor the capabilities of this card. Maybe its for gaming (of which I know nothing); maybe it's just for ordinary graphics display (whatever that might mean). You get the picture...

They have all sorts of similar drivers and what looks like universal type drivers that might cover a whole range of cards - but I can't tell from the seemingly irrelevant language used.

Nvidea claims they don't manufacture any boards and just lease the technology; but the board is poorly and ambiguously ID'd, so that it's hard to say who actually makes it. I did check all the possibles for drivers - but nothing.

There's also nothing whatsoever that would reliably indicate to me that any of those drivers I did find could be safely installed for the following board (this is all the info I could get off it):

There's nothing much in terms of ID on the board itself but there are 3 stickers tacked on the underside that state:

1) "ST Lab" (no other info on this sticker)

2) "Advice" (8x) GF4 mx4000
    64MB (TV) 'ST Lab'
    48-0008-7769 # 1801-730D

3) Sticker #3: 0502008271
    AGP-4000-TV10D-64D

It would seem to me that, logically, the correct driver link would include "(8x) GF4 mx4000 64MB (TV)" in its name. Otherwise, how could one be sure?

----------------------------------------------

Can anyone please 'translate' the info on these stickers for me ? and hopefully suggest a meaningful driver download site. I've been 2 days non-stop hunting on this miserably slow line. Not much fun in that.

----------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jed... ([email protected])

Re: GeForce4 MX4000 AGP card driver needed

You do not need a driver specific to your card. In fact there was probably never a driver built specific to your card. Assuming you are using a version of Windows just go to nVidia.com ---> click on "download drivers" tab --->choose "download drivers" ---> under "start here" choose "graphics driver" ---> choose "geforce and tnt2" ---> choose your operating system ---> click "go" ---> choose your download location.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
    X