Vaio Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaio Help!

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-791M Laptop and recently had to format and reinstall Win XP Pro. Since reinstall I have no audio and just get a 'no active mixer' error. I think I may need the motherboard drivers but am unsure as to which motherboard I have. Can anyone help out with this please or know of any downloads that will make my audio work?

Thanks

Re: Vaio Help!

Hit up the Sony site. Under the support areas you should be able to enter your exact model of laptop and get a list of up to date drivers for it.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

says my model not recognised and isnt listed!

Comment

Looking for support on Sony Electronics products? Find comprehensive support information for Sony products.

Did you try this page? Toward the top portion of the page is a button that asks to detect the model. Just make sure you're on the laptop in question when you hit this link and see if it can determine the model you have.
        My Toys

Comment

says unable to find an exact match and asks me to chose from the list, but my model isnt on the list, or anything close to it! is there a way of finding the motherboard name throught the system??

Comment

You can try some utilities like SiSoft Sandra and the like. If the information is stored in a loacation that the utility probes, it will sometimes report the manufacturer and sometimes model number of the mainboard. You also might see if it can identify the sound chip installed onto the mainboard. This information can be helpful in that you can visit the website of the chipset manufacturer and often download generic drivers that may not be as feature-rich as the Sony ones, but will give you the ability to use the sound device.
            My Toys

Comment

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/Vaio/ check this out it has all the drivers for vaios, it helped me cause i had exactly the same problem

Comment

Working...
              X