Need Sound Driver for VAIO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Sound Driver for VAIO!

It has come to my attention through a voice chat program (i received this information after it kept disconnecting, and telling me that I need to update my sound driver) that my sound driver is out-of-date. My computer is VAIO Desktop Model No. PCV-7762 which I have found is no longer found on the Sony Vaio site in the desktop PC model number database. They claim it doesn't exist. I purchased this computer in 2002, when it was top-of-the-line at its time. I'm sorry, but I'm not sure on what my sound card is....but I do have the list of devices I get after looking under Sound, Video and Game Controllers in the device manager. They are as follows:
    Audio Codecs
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    Video Codecs
    YAMAHA AC-XG Audio Device
    I'm stuck as to whether get the drivers for the Legacy Audio drivers, or for the YAMAHA AC-XG Audio Device.....not sure which one has the problem. Although, I have looked for the proper, up-to-date drivers for both of them, with no success....only drivers for these devices for different computers of different manufacturers. Help! Any feedback is appreciated.

Re: Need Sound Driver for VAIO!

Have you tried this?

Comment

Yes I have.

Comment

First, try this. If those drivers don't work...

If the automatic detection thing didn't work and the model doesn't show up on Sony's web site, they've seriously screwed up. There's a good chance the only drivers for sound that'll work will be from Sony itself, but let's see if we can figure out what motherboard you have.

Get CPU-Z from my signature and see if it will tell you what motherboard you have. At the very least, it should tell you what chipset you have. Post both or whichever it shows you.

Comment

Okay, the Mainboard specs for my computer on CPU-Z are as follows:
          Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
          Model P4S533VX REV 1.xx
          Chipset SiS ID0651 Rev. 01
          Southbridge SiS 962
          Sensor Winbond 80

Hope that helps. Thanks again.

Comment

I've had good luck using Everest http://www.lavalys.com/products/over...?pid=1&lang=en and/or Belarc Advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html to identify various PC components.
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Did you try the drivers I linked to? Also, make sure you uninstall any old sound drivers before installing new ones.

Google pointed your model number to ASUS. After navigating around the ASUS web site, I managed to find this. It lists two motherboards which share nearly identical model names to yours (VM and MX instead of the VX yours has).

They both had a downloadable "overview" PDF, one of which lead me to Sound Max. You didn't mention Sound Max before, but it's still possible. But as I found out years ago with a Gateway, Sound Max simply redirects you to your OEMs site when you go to drivers. It also directs you to motherboard manufacturer's, so back to the ASUS web site I went.

I managed to find a few pages which contain driver updates that may or may not be for the motherboard your Sony uses. You'll have to navigate to them yourself, but you can find the page that lets you selects the model number here. Select Motherboard, then Socket 478, then each of the following models:
              P4S533
              P4S533-E
              P4S533-X
              P4S533-VM
              P4S533-MX
              P4S533-X

The VM and MX, as I said, use the same chipset as yours so it's quite possible that yours is one of them or is very similar. Click the Drivers tab after you navigate to each one and find the sound drivers. I saw AC97 and C-Media, but I didn't look at all of them. It's quite possible that your motherboard is similar to one of these, but made only for Sony or only for OEMs, meaning you might not be able to get the right drivers on the ASUS web site.

If none of those drivers work and those Yamaha drivers didn't work, either, then I honestly don't know anymore. This is just another example of why you shouldn't buy OEM desktops, especially not from tier-2 manufacturers like Sony.

Comment

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/Vaio/ try this site helped me with the same problem the site is full of drivers

Comment

Working...
                X