PLEASE HELP my HD enclosure won't recognize USB2.0 please HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP my HD enclosure won't recognize USB2.0 please HELP

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I bought a no name IDE to USB 2.0 HD enclosure and stuck a western digital 250GB HD in it. First i let windows look for drivers for the enclosure and after it updated i would get nothing but bad_pool_header blue screen of death crashes whenever i plugged in the HD. So i deleted the driver and then when i plugged it in (i have a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card) then my computer would recognize the drive yet it would opperate in USB 1.1 which is way too slow for a hard drive. So now I'm trying to get the correct driver. I think that what i am looking for is a driver for the enclosure, but i could be wrong, can anyone give me some sort of direction for how to get this fixed or what might be wrong. THANKS SO MUCH!
    -Seth Callaway

P.S. my brain is fatigued

Re: PLEASE HELP my HD enclosure won't recognize USB2.0 please HELP

Anytime USB is an issue, a note regarding what OS you use would be helpful.

If Win9x, you will need drivers for the external drive device. This can sometimes be a challenge but most manufacturers have gotten this area cleaned up. If under WinXP, the OS should automatically pick up the external component as a mass storage device. Depending on other hardware configurations and updates to the OS will determine whether you need to create smaller partitions to handle the size drive you have attached.

From the looks of things, you may be having problems with the drivers for the PCMCIA card instead of the external drive unit, but the first thing you should do is to install that hard drive into a desktop system to make sure it isn't defective. If you can access it normally on a desktop system, then you'll need to find out which driver is giving you fits and go from there.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X