Catalyst Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst Problems

I downloaded the latest catalyst driver (ati radeon 9800 pro) and whenever i start up my computer, the catalyst driver does not open and because of that i cannot access it for some odd reason.

Re: Catalyst Problems

You mean Version 4.10 with CATALYST Control Center? If so, have you installed Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1? It's required for the Control Center to function.
    Last edited by flunders; 10-18-2004, 09:48 AM.

Comment

alright lemme install that and ill see what happends

Comment

It should be available as an optional download through Windows Update.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

alright its working but i now have anotehr problem. In my call of duty game, i play for like 15 mins. and the game freezes up and the sound seems to be loopy. I am thinking that the cataylst would have to do with something about this because before i downloaded it, call of duty worked very well.

Comment

Did you uninstall the old version before updating drivers? If you're using WinXP there are usually problems with installing on top of the old version, but it can choke once in a while.
            My Toys

Comment

well when that happend (this happend like a week ago) i decided to go through ststem restore. It worked, till i installed catalyst and i uninstalled ati control panel and catalyst but not divice driver and this uninstall thing for ati. Would that need to be deleated also for a clean install? Also i am not overclocking my graphics card.

Comment

My first bet would be to remove the graphics drivers and then the video board. When you reboot you'll get a fresh "Found new hardware" blip nad you should be able to install your new drivers normally after cancelling the initial window.
                My Toys

Comment

Well im almost definatly sure it is the catalyst driver but i decided to bag it. its not worth it. A small performace increase isn't that much. I already have a good computer as it is.

Comment

if you use ati cards and are a gamer then i would definatly recommend Omega Drivers. You can get them at Omega Drivers.net. They actually will boost your fps for games and if your catalyst drivers arn't working now then give the omega drivers a try.

Comment

i downloaded omega and man they are awsome, but i figured out that it was a regestry thing. I deleated some regestry from regcleaner and i guess that was the outcome. Its a call of duty game thats havin that problems i wonder what the regestry is?.

Comment

Working...
                      X