Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundblaster live 5.1 drivers

Hi,

I here that soundblaster drivers are rubbish and there are some modded versions available. Does anyone know where I can get from?

Thx,
    Josh

Re: Soundblaster live 5.1 drivers

I don't, but if you're using the old SoundBlaster:Live board, then you can just use the native drivers that come in WinXP. Whenever I installed the SB driver pack, I began getting a lot of stability errors in Windows. Unless you have a dire need for the SB control panel, you can get full functionality from the Windows drivers with no problems.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Hi all , my first post.. hehe

There are several alternative to creative soundblaster driver , such as

1. EMU driver, from the emu developer themselves for the usage of their APS card

These are just plain drivers, u still need to install creative surround mixer to change the settings and creative play centre to enable cmss.

2. KX project driver

kX驱动项目是一个独立的开发项目的声卡驱动,专注于为kX兼容声卡提供免费的WDM音频驱动程序.内置asio搭建vst宿主软件实现声卡调试机架等......

This is a complete set of driver component developed by audio enthusiast..

IMHO , the EMU APS driver is quite better than the KX driver.. but if you like to play a lot with DSP and effect, KX would be a better choice..

Good luck :)

Comment

Yes, I have the same sound card and the stock windows drivers work okay (EAX gets screwed up a lot though) and when I tried installing SB drivers I got a message saying "No SB card detected". Stupid-ass drivers cant tell I have the card when its blatantly obvious.

Comment

ive had the same problem it says i have no sb live! installed...i think im going to go crazy...ive tried everything...nothing will work!!! please can anyone send any solutions before i throw me comp out the window!! im running on windows XP...so dont send 98 drivers !!
          im so pissed off to ALL SOUND CARDS...ESP SOUNDBLASTERS!!!

__________________________________________________ ____

Comment

I had no problems with the ones I got from http://www.soundblaster.com/drivers/
            my sb live plat needed the info for the ir bay etc so I didnt want to use any of the other drivers. I did have to make sure I removed the drivers installed by windows but then it worked fine.

Comment

Yeah, the drivers on the site don't recognise my SBlive 5.1 either. Talk about teh ****TEH! Anyways, KX drivers seem to be working.
              *edit* Well, guess i was wrong. After trying and failing to install joystick drivers (uhh, what the hell?), the Add New Hardware Wizard kept saying that it failed to install new drivers. Then i got pissed off and deleted it all.

Fer FUG'S sake!
              Last edited by agentD; 01-17-2005, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X