56.64 problems w/ dx9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56.64 problems w/ dx9

i downloaded the latest drivers from nVidia yesterday, they installed fine. Then when i tried to play NFSU, all i got was a white screen. i could hear the sound and everything fine but just a white screen. Then i tried BF and it worked fine, so did call of duty. but with my dx9 games i get a white screen. anyone else have this problem?

i have a GeForceFX 5600 256mb running at 400/600

I'm currently running the same driver with my (new as of yesterday)Chaintech FX5700 Ultra and have no problems with NFSU (except my poor driving). I was also using the 56.64 driver on my FX5200 and DX9 games were not broken for me. Not really sure where your problem lies. Might be worth trying the old uninstall/reinstall thing with your driver to see if it helps. You do have the newest Direct X 9.0b I assume?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

ya, i have 9.0b...i'll go try and use driver cleaner and see if that helps. other than that idk what could be going wrong

Comment

ok that worked. thanks for the suggestion prariedawg, nfsu works now

Comment

Cool! Glad to hear it.
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I got a question: Why would it have not installed the Drivers right the first time??? :confused:

Comment

Working...
            X