radeon 7500 - 9600 se problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radeon 7500 - 9600 se problems

Hi guys I just purchased the radeon 9600 se 128 mb I had the radeon 7500 64 mb for my amd 2400 seems that the 9600 se is laggier and I still have the graphics to its minimal in the Battlefield 1942 just to avoid the lag is their a tweak to the card in the settings or something that I dont know about? Thanks. Do you need more info? Ive already used the XP tweak guide in the forums here to tweak up some.

More info on your system would be nice...
    Did you get updated drivers for the 9600? If not, head over to www.ati.com and get the drivers. Did you uninstall the drivers for the 7500? If not, do so from device manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
      More info on your system would be nice...
      Did you get updated drivers for the 9600? If not, head over to www.ati.com and get the drivers. Did you uninstall the drivers for the 7500? If not, do so from device manager.
      OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
      Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
      OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
      System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 06
      System Model DC479A-ABA S3200NX NA110
      System Type X86-based PC
      Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~1998 Mhz
      BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.03, 1/24/2003
      SMBIOS Version 2.2
      Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
      System Directory C:\WINDOWS\System32
      Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
      Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)"
      Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
      Available Physical Memory 347.90 MB
      Total Virtual Memory 1.72 GB
      Available Virtual Memory 1.43 GB
      Page File Space 1.22 GB
      Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I am using the 9600 se and yes I did go to the ati and installed the current drivers. I did a full recovery previous to buying the card so its sitting on a fully recovered system

Comment

Not quite what I was looking for.
        Get CPU-Z (click here) and give me some of the info from there. What kind of memory you have would help (DDR, PCxxxx, you'll see when you get CPU-Z).

Ummm.... you did a "full recovery?" What exactly do you mean? Did you completely reinstall the OS (as in most of your programs and drivers had to be reinstalled, along with Windows XP)? Do you mean you did a system restore? Or did you go Control Panel > System > Device Manager > [whatever your video card was listed as] and uninstall it from there?

Comment

Not quite what I was looking for.
          Get CPU-Z (click here) and give me some of the info from there. What kind of memory you have would help (DDR, PCxxxx, you'll see when you get CPU-Z).

Ummm.... you did a "full recovery?" What exactly do you mean? Did you completely reinstall the OS (as in most of your programs and drivers had to be reinstalled, along with Windows XP)? Do you mean you did a system restore? Or did you go Control Panel > System > Device Manager > [whatever your video card was listed as] and uninstall it from there?
          I restarted comp and hit F-10 and then clicked on the advanced button and did a complete erase and recover
          for ram I DLed what your link provided:
          dimm#1 smart modular ddr-sdram pc2100 - 256 mb
          dimm#2 ddr-sdram pc2700 - 256 mb

anything else that you need? btw thanks for your time I appreciate that

Comment

I am still kind of confused, it sounds like you say you reformatted your hard drive (or flashed your BIOS :confused: ), I just don't see why you would do that with your BIOS (what you get from pressing F10), or how, my BIOS can't do that on it's own and it isn't too horrible. Did you have to reinstall all of your programs that didn't come with Windows? Did you have to reinstall Windows? If not, then I don't think I understand what you did, and it doesn't matter anyway. If that's the case, then you certainly didn't uninstall the old video card.

Comment

I reformated my hard drive. In winXP hittingg f-10 on reboot puts it in restore/recover format. I did nothing in the bios as I have no idea about my bios and what to do with them or even how to get to my bios lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zephir
                I reformated my hard drive. In winXP hittingg f-10 on reboot puts it in restore/recover format. I did nothing in the bios as I have no idea about my bios and what to do with them or even how to get to my bios lol
                Put it this way However its done the computer said do you want to erase all your drives, I said yes, and poof it erased it then reformatted the partitions and bingo i was back to the comp I had when I bought it.

Comment

Okay, now I think I see what the problem might be.

You might need new drivers for your motherboard and such. Go to www.Compaq.com and search for drivers for your particular model.

Just in case something is wrong with the Compaq drivers or you have trouble getting them:

Using CPU-Z, determine your motherboard (and its manufacturer) and go find drivers for it. Go to the manufacturer's web page to do this. I trust you can do that and find drivers for your motherboard on your own(specifc model should be listed in CPU-Z), Google is your friend for finding stuff. Download and install updated drivers for your motherboard. This might not be necessary if your computer came with a drivers CD, but it's a good thing to try anyway.

If you have any problems doing this or updating drivers doesn't help, feel free to post again for more help.

Just for further clarification, did you have to use an XP CD for this "recovery" process?

Edit: From your other post, I assume the answer is yes, but post if not.
                  By the way, when no one else has posted, it's preferable to use the "edit" button rather than posting twice in a row.

Comment

Negative I used no CD. when I bought this comp thats what it was no CD's or anything and based on XP so I am using its built in system to clean and do what I can do modify or increase what I can. and headed to websites now for updated drivers :D

Comment

We'll see how that goes, but I am really confused right now. I'll have to look around next time I use an HP system. Unless you mean System Restore (in which case you haven't done much of anything). Maybe someone else with more experience with these Compaqs (and other HPs) can give me a clue as to what is going on here. But just update drivers for now. check the other post for the video drivers.

Comment

We'll see how that goes, but I am really confused right now. I'll have to look around next time I use an HP system. Unless you mean System Restore (in which case you haven't done much of anything). Maybe someone else with more experience with these Compaqs (and other HPs) can give me a clue as to what is going on here. But just update drivers for now. check the other post for the video drivers.
                        roger that

Comment

For starters that PC of your's uses a mobo based on the VIA KM266 chipset which is known to have compatibility probs with a lot of video cards and also doin' a system recovery is likely loadin' the onboard video drivers as well which will interfere with the ATi drivers.

Comment

right on Wiggo, yeah I just called ATI and asked them why it seemed trashier than the 7500 they suggested returning it for the 9600 XT which im gonna do tonight :D

Comment

btw Wiggo what video card do you suggest with what i have for about us currency 200 $ can I get that will work with this system and what type of 512 ram, I think I asked you this can't find it.
                              this is what im currently using for ram:
                              dimm#1 smart modular ddr-sdram pc2100 - 256 mb
                              dimm#2 ddr-sdram pc2700 - 256 mb

Comment

Working...
                              X