Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI support folder on Windows XP start

Hey,

Every time I start up Windows XP the ATI folder opens up showing the SUPPORT folder

ANybody know why this happens? Is there some kind of group of start up tasks which I can edit to stop this happening?

I have a Radeon 9200 with Windows XP Pro

And I've just downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers, but that doesn't seem to help,

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks,

rez

T hat window always pops up when you install a Radeon card, or install a new driver. Simply un-check the little box at the bottom right saying "Display this Window on Windows startup" and it should no longer apear when u boot:cheers:

Comment

Umm, what's the T hat window? where do I find it and the little box I need to uncheck?

The window that comes up after start up is simply the
      Program Files/Ati folder which has the SUPPORT folder in it.

thanks for your help anyway tacos,

rez

Comment

"That" window, and I tnk were talking about different windows, i thought u meant support program...have no idea how to stop what ure talkin about,,, sry:( :cheers:

Comment

If its the folder (Window) that asks if ya want the TV out enabled and configured then just change the little box that is ticked for "Display this Window on Windows startup" (or untick "Do Not Display this Window on Windows startup", sorry can't quite remeber the exact text) and it won't be there at the next startup.

Comment

Unfortunately its not the folder which asks if I want TV out enabled

Its just as if I had opened

My computer
            Program Files
            ATI

And the window shows the SUPPORT folder

its not a big problem, but i was just wondering if there's any way to stop it opening up everytime i start up

rez

Comment

Well then go Start - Run and type, msconfig, then go to the startup tab and see if the folder is activated there and if so then disable it.

Comment

yes! that worked! i just unchecked the box next to ATI Control panel in the start up tab and now it doesn't show the support folder when i start up

thanks so much for all your help!

rez

Comment

That may disable the box, but also some of ure video card options;) :cheers:

Comment

Re: ATI support folder on Windows XP start

if you disable in msconfig , the ati control panel programs don't start.

You must correct the registry key ATIPTA in run ,
                    add quotes "C:\ATI Technologies\ .... " because without quotes, this is C:\ATI that is run ....

Comment

Re: ATI support folder on Windows XP start

I had the same problem but when I went to Program Files I found I had a file as well as Support, called Ati Technologies. It might have ben left over from A download from Ati site. anyway I tranferred the contents of 'support' and now no problem with startup and ati logo still in taskbar.

Comment

Working...
                      X