X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD ATI card

I have an older all in wonder Radeon w/32mb DDR

I did a clean install of XP Home - I downloaded the 3.9 package as one unit

Now I get a " INF ERROR " what is this refereing to? I thought it was the display driver problem but it seems my system picked up the ATI display driver and is using it.

SO where to now back to square one?

I dont mind reinstalling XP Home its pretty easy in fact

thanks for your help
    starship warrior

PS I guess you can say that im really lost at this point since I just installed the ATI control panel which i read about

I guess its easy for you old timers who are familiar with the web site but this one new folk is really confused -

the notes on the different drivers are not really clear to me and I understand the different but even with a clean install it just doesnt work as advertise could it be the age of this card?

thanks

An actual model number on that "older AIW Radeon" will help.

Comment

sorry to say that it has no model number anywhere - it has the ati logo radeon but thats it the tuner was made in singapore and the card components are from china tawain canada - what else LOL

This card was purchased new - and came in the ATI box (black and red) that we are all familar with it was made in the year 2000 - and of course is no longer made

IF I dont get some more insight soon I am going to introduce this card to my HAMMER - made in American and VERY VERY LARGE

My wife is driving me crazy waiting for her computer to do what i promised it would do - here passion is games and TV what else

thanks for your time

Starship Warrior

Comment

Well it's likely that Catalyst drivers are not for it and ya need to get pre-Cat drivers so head on over to www.guru3d.com and take ya pic.

Comment

I guess my wife wants this to work more than I do - she went thru a lot of old disk an found the ATI disk
          one of the files says that it is the install disk for a ATI 9x rage 128 enhanced display driver
          it also has has an install for NT 4.0 ouch thats old -

She also found a second disk also ATI which contains a driver for win 2000 and the old mmc control panel
          but thanks for your help i will go to that site and see what they have

i guess this means i cant buy another ATI card like maybe the the ATI 9800 LOL

BO HO

starship warrior

Comment

Originally posted by starshipwarrior
            i guess this means i cant buy another ATI card like maybe the the ATI 9800 LOL
            Well that will depend on how old the motherboard is and what that is plus the capacity of the PSU.

Comment

The Mother board is a Tyan S1854 Trinity 400 w/ a slot one PIII 800 on it
              I gave her two HDs - a SCSI 4 GB and a 60GB - a WD 7200 -
              SO she was happy till her win98se crashed (two many tweaks LOL) I had two coppies of XP Home so I told her to upgrade - (my other system a ASUS p4t33 - 2.5 has XP PRO with a secondary of XP Home for game play )

From what you say I really should get ANOTHER MB - yes another MB ANother MB - he he he but i really want that 9800 he heh ehe thanks again i will let you know what happens after i install this old driver

starship warrior

Comment

Working...
              X