No announcement yet.

Koolance system or homemade water cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you can get "Y" connectors but the flow rates should stay the same. A lot of watercooled systems are done in this manner. Quite a few of the best I've seen use the "Y" connectors with the piping from the pump to the connector being of 1/2" ID and the "Y" then the "Y" conectors other two ends come out at 3/8" ID so 3/8" ID piping runs thru to and out of the CPU and video blocks then back into another "Y" connector putting the flow back into 1/2" ID piping thru to the radiator and back to the pump again.
    But I've also seen quite a few of them with a constant 3/8" ID piping with the split done with "T" connectors also but IMHO that wouldn't be quite as good as the previous way though the "Y" 1/2"-3/8" or straight thru 3/8" type ones of either would be better than "T"s.
    But yes the pressure should stay constant thru both lines. *Peace*

Comment

Well they are all going to be 3/8 fittings...is it going to be alot diff than a 1/2-3/8 system???....and could i get those Tfittings at home depot...with 3/8 fittings????

Comment

The die hard water freaks I know reckon that there is less change in water pressure as the flow change from 1/2" to 2x 3/8" is minimal and turbulance kept down to where as doing the the straight 3/8" to 2x 3/8" they think the pressure rate drop is a little to much and creates more turbulance but whether this is totally true I'm not really sure but does sound feasible especially if the cooling system isn't of the pressurised variety.
        Anyhow it's 4.30am here so I better hit the sack so we'll continue this later if necessary. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

aight...good night...its 12:41pm here in NY.....dont reply...reply tomorrow...go to bed....peace

Comment

Working...
          X