HMonitor Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMonitor Questions

Just downloaded this and... well, I'm a bit confused.

What exactly is the I/O Voltage? Mine shows Red with +2.93V average. Nominal is set at +3.30V with 10% dev. So I know why it's showing red, but what would be drawing that power?

Also my CPU1 is stuck at 69.0C!!!!! Yellow

Main board 28.0 and CPU2 32.5...... I onlly have 1cpu.... is the 69 maybe wrong?

I didn't see my board (Albatron PX845PE Pro II) listed... maybe I'll get a free copy for being a betatester ;)

Whoop CPU1 just jumped to 70 and CPU2 is at 33 just from typing this

Anyway thanks...

I had never used this app, so I downloaded it to look at it. I normally run the VIA monitor that came with my mobo. I'd checked it with several other apps in the past and it seems reasonably accurate. (Can't remember which apps now, as this is my backup machine and I did that a long time ago.) I compared Hmonitor and found the temps higher that reported by VIA. It also reported a second cpu, but I have a case fan with a thermal sensor in the box, and I think that is what it saw. The i/o seems to be the 3.3v reading.
    There is another app that I use for system info (that is freeware - and I really like) that also has a sensor section in it. Its readings are very close to the VIA readings. It can be found at the link below, if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Corbinator
      Just downloaded this and... well, I'm a bit confused.

What exactly is the I/O Voltage? Mine shows Red with +2.93V average. Nominal is set at +3.30V with 10% dev. So I know why it's showing red, but what would be drawing that power?

Also my CPU1 is stuck at 69.0C!!!!! Yellow

Main board 28.0 and CPU2 32.5...... I onlly have 1cpu.... is the 69 maybe wrong?

I didn't see my board (Albatron PX845PE Pro II) listed... maybe I'll get a free copy for being a betatester ;)

Whoop CPU1 just jumped to 70 and CPU2 is at 33 just from typing this

Anyway thanks...
      Had this same sorta problem (not with my 3.3v Got a fairly good PSU voltages stay very stable... that may be an issue of yours in that respect). My CPU temp shows 72 on my 2.53, and i've yet to run hmonitor on the 2.8... yet the thermal probe reports cpu temp at and around 34 C - 38 C (depending on how much I'm overclocking). The Winbond SuperIO has to be screwed up on the albatron boards (The W83627HF is what I use on the PX845PEV Pro... yours is I believe the W83637 SuperIO but I'm not at home to check the 2.8 (it runs the px845pe pro ii as well)). Personally, I'd ditch software monitoring, and position probes on your rheostat (if you got one) in good places (eg., put your cpu probe up as close to the cpu's side as ya can on the side opposite the socket arm, just under the heatsink (inside the mounting bracket)). Get fairly accurate readings from there (+/- 1 degree). And same thing with the chipset, I just sit it right ontop the chipset (not the core tho :)) So my temps are very accurate (again I'd say +/- 1 degree) ... and for my hard disk, I just loosen a screw and shove the probe in a bit, and put the screw back in so it holds the probe in place... Maybe +/- 5 C there, but even still :)

Anyway, I wouldn't trust hmonitor as far as I could throw it for reporting accurate CPU temps... As far as voltages go... It's dead on.

Comment

Working...
      X