3DFX heatsink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DFX heatsink

I noticed how hot the heatsink on my 3DFX Voodoo 3 2000 pci card was getting so I decided to remove it ,but now I'm wondering where I can get another vga chipset cooler from,that will be able to fit properly on my card.:?:

Here's a link you might try. Site has lots of other cool stuff too.

Comment

Thanks But I don't know if I have a 4 pin power connector on my card....:o

Comment

Dood! those 3Dfx's get hot -- so one thing you don't want to do is remove the heatsink til you have a replacement.

And even then, it still gets hot?

No, you have no power on your card.

I've got the stock heatsink on my 3000 - gets hot, runs great.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I'm not runing it right now I can wait forever as I don't need the card in any computer right now,but the heatsink is a P.O.S., when I press the heatsink against my forehead it dosen't feel cool like most do so I took it off cause it $ux. I'm gona go get a copper cooler, but which one can I buy to run off of a regular power cord?:?:
          Please advise.:cheers:

Comment

uhh, why would you spend money on a Voodoo card?
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

because \/00|)00 ownz

Comment

The Crystal Orb has a standard 3 pin mobo fan connector on it. I can be powered from the mobo or you could use a 3 pin to molex adapter and connect it to a psu connector just like the one on your hd and cds.

Comment

than ya vury much....as elvis says:smokin:

Comment

Working...
                  X