Free Temp Monitoring!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Temp Monitoring!!!

I just found this new software monitor that checks what the BIOS of your motherboard is seeing as far as temps go. That means, with the built in Temp Diodes, u can monitor ur system temps and set alarms when stuff gets to hot, The only problem is that it gets the temps and puts them in boxes, but will through in names for them. It also monitors fans speeds for the ones that are plugged with the three plug connector into the motherboard. You can get it here. I have used it and i think it works great. there is no configuring needed, besides putting on the right name tags. It is free for like 30 days, and then u have to register it. I think it works great. You can accuretlly check temps after u run things like 3DMark03 and Sandra. So if u are about to get one of those hardware boxes and check the temps with that (like that Nexus one) just forget about it and get this. :wow: :wow: :thumb: :thumb:
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

I used hmonitor for a while, kept on telling me my CPU was running at 71.5 C when in all actual fact, the probe that's inbetween the mounting bracket of the cpu and the cpu socket just under the heatsink (best location I could put it while maintaining thermal efficiency (eg., only other place i could put it that would yeild better results would be ontop the cpu itself heh))... Anyway, that thermal probe reports cpu temp at 36 C oc'd to 3.21ghz wherein hmonitor would always report 69 - 72 C :)

Comment

Motherboard Monitor has never shown incorrect temps in my system.. :thumb:

:cheers:

Comment

Suicide, maybe its becuase the CPU's thermal diode is messed up(like in the case of the AthalonXP2600+ prerelease model). It may be a defect. Thats a nice oveclock u have, u must be skilled and have a nice cooling system on that. Also i thought Intels P4 was supposed to run cold, like 30 C?
        <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Man 38c under full load with a speed of 3.21 ghz is not that warm... ;)

:cheers:

Comment

with that OC 38 at full load is frigid :thumb: and P4's do run pretty cool, mine runs 28 C at idle and 35-36 under full load, not overclocked though.

Comment

Originally posted by homeworld1031tx
              Suicide, maybe its becuase the CPU's thermal diode is messed up(like in the case of the AthalonXP2600+ prerelease model). It may be a defect. Thats a nice oveclock u have, u must be skilled and have a nice cooling system on that. Also i thought Intels P4 was supposed to run cold, like 30 C?
              Well it runs w/ a Volcano 7+ on high speed (until the noise is too much, then at low where cpu temp rises to 44 C)... Skilled? Nah, I know 'bout as much as anyone else who oc's a fair bit. But as for the diode, ya I'm thinking the same thing... i'm also thinking it might be because some thermal grease has kinda made its way down through the little hole on the top of the heat spreader (bad idea to put it there anyway, even w/o the thermal grease w/ just the little tinfoil intel ships w/ their heatsink, it still covers it up). Dunno, the winbond monitoring reports 'bout the same as the probe...

Originally posted by The__tweaker[/i]
              [b]Man 38c under full load with a speed of 3.21 ghz is not that warm... ;)[/quote]
              I know it's not :) Under 40 for the oc'ng I do is good... Under 50 is acceptable.

[quote][i]Originally posted by theyneverknew
              with that OC 38 at full load is frigid :thumb: and P4's do run pretty cool, mine runs 28 C at idle and 35-36 under full load, not overclocked though.
              At stock speeds (I don't run it that often at that unless I have too heheh) my 2.53 runs 'bout the same :) There's only about a 8 or 9 degree difference between oc'd 678mhz above stock :)

Comment

Working...
              X