Cooling Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Fans

well i have a P4 and i was lookin at buying a cooling fan so i can start the long process to over clock my beast :flames: but i have no clue what size my fan is and i have no clue what the hell a mounting socket is...how do i figure out what i have?:confused:

Thanx in advance

80mm for the case fans these are important, cuz if you dont get the hot air out and cold air in, you will have serious cooling problems.
    as for heatsink, go with something good. Volcano7+ is a good choice and you can mount it on a P4. But there are others. Look for reviews if you dont want 7+.

Comment

http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp_p9.htm ;)

Comment

Don't know where this post belongs...so, will leave it to
        Wiggo/Beefy to locate...............

Thermal Take Dragon Orb 3 HSF was just installed on
        a clients pc as part of Duron to Athlon upgrade.........and he now claims.....through no fault of his own, and swears there was no
        Foriegn Object Displacement........that 3 of the fan blades were
        sheared off .........and he was only made aware by the ensuing
        vibrations that he felt ...............Anyway, does/has somebody
        got a clue regarding this product and similar prob's?????

Keep in mind client in question ask why his PSU is now running at Higher temps :rofl:
        Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

A common prob with them as the soft metal is easily bent and will result with broken or jammed fans but replacement units can be obtained (really though those Orbs are POS).
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yeah, i figured he was playing around with his cathoid light
            mods and bent the cheezy metal fan guards......so,what
            would ya suggest in the line of idiot-proof HSF:?:

Comment

Make him buy a 7+ ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                Make him buy a 7+ ;)

Done deal.......tanks again Wiggo:D :cheers:

Comment

A common prob with them as the soft metal is easily bent and will result with broken or jammed fans but replacement units can be obtained (really though those Orbs are POS).
                  Ya but some of those smaller orb's work wonders on video cards :D

Comment

Dats what the fans are good for if ya don't let em get sheared
                    off first :cry: :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

Comment

Make him buy a 7+ ;)

Wiggo's answer to all cooling fan questions.

After getting 3 of them i understand why. :D

Comment

I own 5 actually but have fitted plenty more as I packed 8 retail HSF's and gave nearly 2 doz. away. :D

Comment

Make him buy a 7+ ;)

Threw an all aluminium AMD HSF unit on till 7+ arrives on Monday
                          but, he's sooooo happy with the Athy XP+ not running over 91f
                          after full hour of 3dMark 2002se..........guess i might just replace
                          my Alpha 8045 with it, as i'm tired that bolt through mobo trip :D

My 2100XP Palamino runs 28c/26c cpu/case at idle,
                          which equates to 82/80 f and thats with 3 120mm's plus
                          i don't even wanta go their.....still got my shoes on....

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g

After getting 3 of them i understand why. :D
                            I meant ==> After I got 3 of them. I understand why.
                            Wiggo should be a sales guy for the Thermaltake, or at least a distrib. or something. :D

PS. AMD OEM HSF suck!!!
                            I saw my first one today in a sysem and it was a xp2100+ running at 127-129F at IDLE!!!!
                            Thankfully mobo shuts down at 130F so no dammage was done.
                            :2cents:

Comment

As I've said hundreads of times before, the 7+ has gotta be the best value high performance HSF around. :devil win

There are a few TT products I stay away from though and they all produce more noise in 95% of cases.

Comment

Working...
                              X