No announcement yet.

Another cooling idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not just cut out the bottom of the case and set the case directly over the vent? You could get a lot more cold air flowing thru the system that way.

Comment

well then you would have to be hot in the room all the time heeh and thiink of all the dust!

Comment

or what if your cat crawls up that vent just imagine trying to explian what happend to fluffy and how your comp broke:rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by CheeZmonZter
          silica packets? are those the little packs of candy they put in electronics these days? tasty little buggers they are
          Yeah, cain't vouche for the taste myself as i just throw the
          buggers in the sound hole of my accoustic guitars:cheers:
          Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Interesting place to put candy!

Comment

Yeah as it keeps moisture from seperating wood joint while
              living here in the rain forrest:eek: :D

but then from your locale N/P quite opposite for ya's

Comment

lol yeah I kinda figured that was the reason...I live up in the mountains here and it does stay rather dry, only because in the winter all of the water is frozen! Well that and the fact we are about a mile short on our rain fall for the last decade!

Comment

i understand the rain fall or lack of, as even though it never snows
                  down here in the valley and it always rains more than not, the only time we don't suffer from drought is late Dec.-Jan. when the
                  snowmelt comes off St.Helens and the surrounding Mountains
                  making mad torrid run of convergence from 4 major rivers in a race
                  to reach the Columbia and spew into the pacific........which is just about the time the Smelt make their annual run........

Comment

Comment

Yeah, I think when I move back to Australia I will have to refridgerate my computer (there is a 6 page thread on that) as never gets below 20 during the day (where I live anyway) and gets up to 40.

Meat fridge might be in order...:flames:

Comment

Well speaking of snow its finaly here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got about 2 inches and its still coming down! and the comp room is a nice balmy16c....not bad for cooling and i can stand it with mittens and jackets...JK Well hopefully this will help out with the drought here!...as far as cooling...if I went water cooling...just put the Radiator outside!

Comment

:steam: :barf: whoa! nelly! way off topic here start another thread about the weather :rofl: we're suppose to talk about lego cases:laugh:

Comment

lol well it is about "Another Cooling Idea" and weather is another cooling idea isnt it? With cold weather the available cooling capacity of our comps is greatly increased!...like if I were to stick my comp outside right now I would not have to worry about temps ever! would be nice till summer then I would have to worry!

Comment

Working...
                            X