thermaltake hardcano 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermaltake hardcano 5

i'm looking into buying a tt hardcano 5, does anyone own one and tell me your opinion? it seems good and it doens't just monitor my temps but cools my hd :confused:

A few friends of mine have Hardcano 2 and they swear by them. ;)

A couple were a little disappointed havin' to change the batteries till it was pointed out that they could still see how fast they cooled down. :)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

harcanos run on batteries???? hm let me check site

Comment

The temp displays are basically a CompuNurse but they're just cheap watch batteries. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by j0b0sapi3n
          i'm looking into buying a tt hardcano 5, does anyone own one and tell me your opinion? it seems good and it doens't just monitor my temps but cools my hd :confused:
          :confused: if yo lookin for the most effective hdd cooler that
          shows dual temp display, and just happens to be the most
          attractive doing it.........checkout the "Antec hard drive cooling system" at $28.40 shipped(techonweb.com) as opposed to hardcano 5 at $34.99+s&h.....................goto pricegrabber.com.......and enter search "antec hard drive cooling system"........for pic.....& than to techonweb.com fo specs.

da Antec hdcs incl 2 tsensors 1 long enough 2 mont room temp/wtfe ya choose......easy inst & has heavyest hs on market.
          Just do not get lazy in search discript as there's a vantec hard drive cooler which is just short bay insert w/fans......
          Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

The Hardcano 5 is great and all. But just to let you know I am EXTREMELY disappointed in it. EIther I was stupid and didn't do enough research in it. Or its just not what I thought it was gonna be. You know?

Firstly I thought the top cover was sort of a heatsink for the HD. Whe its just a cover and I'm not sure if its really "heatsinking" anyway ya the temp display does run on batteries and I can't figure out how to remove that little white paper lol. :laugh:

More over I thought I would be able to monitor the temps of my HDD, CPU, Memory and video card all by the flip of that little switch on the front. Apparently that switch is just a low medium and high for whatever fan you have it hooked up to. Currently I have it hooked up to my volcano 9. Don't use it much but still it does come in handy for those times that I need some concentration and can't bare the noise of 75CFM in my ears!

Also the little fan in the front I don't even think moves much air at all. Now that I no longer have my IBM drive I have no idea what my hdd temps are running at now. The fact that there is a weak fan on it either I'm gonna find a way to change that fan to a more powerful noiser one.......or leave it as is. I hope I helped somewhat.

Comment

how exactly do you switch in between temps?

Comment

The display can read one temp at a time. If you want to get a reading on something else then your only solution will be to get a different monitor or to take the sensor probe off the device you are currently monitoring and put it on something else. Judging by this thread http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=8048 It looks like this is what I wanted and not the hardcano 5. It looks alot better and is ALOT more functional. I lose again........what else is new?

Comment

Working...
                X