Volcano 9 sucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volcano 9 sucks?

hey, i'm new at this and any suggestions would be helpful :)
    have a 1.4ghz t-bird and its running pretty hot(and noisy) i used to have a sk-6 from thermalright and it runs around 43C/109F (load) and with that 5000rpm 60mm y-s tech fan, i just couldnt handle the noise anymore, decide to take on the new volcano 9 and it got props from every review. i cleaned the die and laid a thin layer of arctic silver 3 on it and now MBM reads 52C/126F idle even at full speed . dont really understsand why is that since everyone else has somewhat good experiene even saw someone with a 1800+ get 42C (is it just that 1800+ just cooler than the thunderbird?), i'm very desperate and thinking of putting the sk-6 back on, help help:shoot2:

i've got a v9 and I've got temps around 39...did you move it around a lot when you were putting it on? you might have moved most of your ac3 off...what fan speed are you running?

Comment

its at full speed and sounds just like a hair dryer, i did have a little trouble putting the mobo back into the case, so should i reapply the AS and let it sit for a while maybe?

Comment

give it a try..ac3 dosn't perform to it's full potential until after a few days of use...but it wont make a 10 C difference

I would take it off, clean it, reapply ac3, and put it back on

btw, it may be easier if you remove the mobo to put it on...it does have a rather large base :)

Comment

[b]That's the reason I keep tellin' ppl to get the Volcano 7+ as it cools better plus doesn't have the noise factor either. Is it my fault that ppl don't listen and go and buy the 9 anyway? :(
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

maybe i should just buy a slk-800 or a swiftech and slap that smart fan on it, as it is now i dont think it is too smart running at full speed with 50+dBa, someone else give me some help on the that stupid vocalno 9 please

Comment

Working...
            X