Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zalman Mobo Compatibility ?

Hi all ,

I`m just about to switch to a MSI KT4 mobo , with an XP2200 processor . My new case is a Lian-Li PC61 . In my old case, a generic one , I was concerned that the Zalman 6000cu fan would not fit below the PSU . I`m loathe to buy the fan , then find it doesnt fit. Several reviews say it doesnt fit in a small form factor case .. will mine be ok ? Has anyone used a Zalman fan as above successfully in their system ?

Thanks ,

Gerry

: peace:

Hi ,

Eek my posting seems to have sprouted a second head :-(( Admin please delete the second entry ..I tried but dont have the access rights

Gerry:snip:

Comment

Duplicate deleted. :)

As to the Zalman issue, is this a case cooler or some kind of CPU cooler? I ask because while the concept of a quiet and effective cooling solution is a notable goal, the Zalman units that I have tested so far have only hit the first part of the equation. Cooling has always been poor to date.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Hi ,

The Zalman 6000cu is a cpu cooler , the specs say it can take up to a xp2800+ processor . I`ve got the Coolermaster silent heat pipe in the sys at the moment , works fine , but I`m not sure its as quiet as the Zalman. The Lian Li has 3 case fans , so should have good airflow through . I may just stick with the Coolermaster right now , but would like to know of anyone else`s experience with this fan .

Gerry

Comment

I didn't notice the name in the first post, sorry. If you head on over here, you'll find a review I did on this very cooler. If you keep in mind that the Evercool model that is also listed is about the equivelent of the OEM style coolers (maybe a little better, but along the same lines), you'll notice that the Zalman lacks in the cooling department.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Do ya self a favour and just go and get a Volcano 7+ and use it on Medium speed (low in aircon). :devil:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
            X