Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VANTEC Nexus Multi-Function Panel NXP-101

Ok just got myself one of these babies

Did have a harcano with the double temp readouts .

My Q is with the hardcano the temp sensor for the cpu was underneath it and i got a very acurate reading but with the Vantec the sensor is on top of CPU stuck to the under side of the heat sinc close to the cpu core. The temp reading i am getting now is about 10 deg lower than the bios reading. Which one is right ? Should i modifie the Vantec cpu sensor to fit the same as the hardcano ??

Cheers :)

OK when I install a probe that fits that way I first trim the excess plastic from the probe end (hopefully this one is like others as I havn't used this it) then make sure that it's hard up against the side of the core. If it's not then your temps won't be accurate and will be just of the HSF where contact is made (if it does touch that as mine has moved and is just readin' air temp atm but the software readin' is accurate on that mobo). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Ok after makeing some ( snip snip ) modifications i know have the sensor on the under side of the cpu and am now getting a true reading of the heat this sucker is putting out :)

cheers for the info :afro:

Oh and end of the month i get my Water cooling kit :)

weee hawww love that water ;)

Comment

question.... do you need to take the hs off before you can install the vantec? i'm thinking of getting one as well, but i don't want to take the hs off again. so i'm just curious.

Comment

Taking the HSF off is really the only way to mount the probe right up next to the processor core. Or in the case of the modification that CHCHomer did, you would have to remove it and the processor to mount the probe on the belly of the processor itself.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

You can not ge around not taking the HSF off :(

Dont mount it there anyway . The temps ae no where near true .

If you can get a new probe there are some out there with very fine wires for about 2 inches from the prob that allow you to mount it under the cpu and thread the wires between the cpu pins. The Vantec does not have fine wires so you need to cut the old one off and wire up the thin style ones :)

Comment

Working...
            X