Hardcano 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcano 5

I didn't get it yet but it should be comming any day now....It has a probe on it to mount to the bottom of the processor. Would it be bad if I mounted it to the side of the core instead? I mean it might be alright for my athlon thunderbird but my friend might be giving me his athlonxp 1600+ and there are capacitors at the bottom. Won't that affect the temperature readings?

I'm not sure if the sensor is thin enough for that type of fitment which is why it was designed that way. But I have a friend who has one and if I spot him online I'll ask. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thermal Take have used there head and used 2 very fine wires for about 50 mm from the sensor to fit between the pins on the cpu for the sensor to fit very nicely under the cpu :)

works a treat to :)

Comment

ok.........I got my mods in........Little problem though with the H5. How do you disconnect the front panel from the rest of the unit? I can't seem to get that little paper out of the battery thing. Also.......I can hae it monitor my CPU which I'm gonna do when I get my new processor (athlonxp 1600+) Also........the little switch that's on the H5 low med and high. I can have that switch contorl the V9 right? Or is it best having it run at full blast all the time OR using the dimmer piece that came with it. :confused:

Comment

I havn't used the 9 yet (and hopefully never will) but the noise that those SMART FAN II's even @4K rpm has to be heard to be believed let alone what they sound like at full rip. The speed control of that fan I have yet to find a way to properly mount (unlike the 7+'s) so I'd use it in thermal sensor mode and just let it react to the temps of the CPU. :)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well it came stock with a little wire hanging off of it and this had a little knob and when I turned it (yes I played with it for like 5 minutes like a little child) and its like a dimmer I brought the RPM's up and down like it was a light switch raid or something. :laugh:

Anyway.......Considering last I checked it was the same connector I'm wondering if it will work I can actually control the speed of the fan with this low med high switch. Right now I have the little jumper on that piece so its at max rpm's all the time. And YES it is MUCH louder then my wbk38 lol. But its all pushing more then TWICE the amount of air. So that's a good thing.

Comment

Working...
            X