sticking fans to cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticking fans to cases

Hi...i seem to be moving from one forum to another with my problems......this one is pretty straight forward.........i'm currently using a volcano7+ to cool the cpu and other than that have a fan at the front sucking air in and a fan on the cpu blowing air out........pc has been fine till the other day when it shut-down........(the room was warm too - radiator on full - its chilly over here)reading what Wiggo had posted elsewhere i removed the case side and let the pc run away and it has been fine since......i gather then i need to circulate more air and thats the ?

My case is a mini tower and has two ports for i think 50mm (space between holes is 45mm) one is at the bottom of the case and the other at the back of the case. Onboard i have 6 fan connectors one of which is powering the Volcano....so

(i) assuming i attach a fan to ea. of the 50mm slots (screw holes in place) what method do i use to attach any other fans to the case, my dad reckons super glue but i thought i'd ask you guys

(ii) how many fans are better......and what size.......i don't think noise will be a factor since my psu fan is noisy enough to drown out any others i add

(iii) should i add a few large fans or several small ones ?

Thanks again for reading my request and for any help in advance.

It maybe better to take a couple of pics of ya case or a link and we would be able to offer better advise but 50mm fans won't do much at all. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i'll get my mates digital camera and get some shots of the case, but in the meantime what can i use to attach the fans to the case with ? (is super-glue ok)

and assuming price is not an object, are smart fans worth the xtra cash, basically do i need these or would just basic 80mm fans be adequate

here's a link i'm looking at for fans

Comment

Just a couple of standard 30-40cfm 80mm fans should be enough though I use screws to fit mine as ya never know when ya may have to do some maintenance or replace one. ATM I'd say that a side intake fan over ya AGP/PCI cards and a top blowhole will probably do the trick for ya case. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
        X