Athlon XP 1800 running really hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon XP 1800 running really hot

I am running an Athlon XP 1800 on a KT4V MS-6712 Version 1 motherboard. I have been running PCAlert4 and it usually registers my CPU temperatures between 55C and 60C. I read that system malfunction starts at 60C. Can you tell me what temperarures I should be looking at for healthy usage of the computer? My heatsink fan is a HSC-V62 automatic Cooler Master and I have four other fans running inside my computer, 2 in front and 2 in back. I have two hard drives, two CD drives, and 2 floppys connected inside. Please help!!

:confused: :scream:

Newer mobos that read the temp from the CPU's core diode will give temps around 10C higher than the older solutions and I've found with these that around 65C is when errors will start. Be sure that you have the HSF fitted the correct way and that ya didn't put too much HS grease on (only a paper thin layer is required). Oh, and btw those temp sensin' fans are lousy in well ventilated cases, better to get a fixed speed fan then use a simple 7v/12v voltage/switch mod to control the fan's speed. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

So you think that maybe I should just get a fixed temp fan? Is there a way I can check for the correct temperature? I forgot to tell you that even after using the four extra fans my system temperature also reads really hot, so it's not only my CPU. My house is always cold so it's not like I'm pumping hot air into it either. Thanks for the advice

Newer mobos that read the temp from the CPU's core diode will give temps around 10C higher than the older solutions and I've found with these that around 65C is when errors will start. Be sure that you have the HSF fitted the correct way and that ya didn't put too much HS grease on (only a paper thin layer is required). Oh, and btw those temp sensin' fans are lousy in well ventilated cases, better to get a fixed speed fan then use a simple 7v/12v voltage/switch mod to control the fan's speed.

Comment

There are a few hardware temp monitors around such as CompuNurse, Thermaltake's Hardcanos and a few more till ya get up to the DigitalDoc5. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
        X