exactly WHAT is the best heatsink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exactly WHAT is the best heatsink?

i've been looking around for a good hsf, but seeing that the ones that cool well are either too loud or too expensive, and if there are any hsf's supposedly better than the Volcano 7+,

what im looking for is:
    good value and cheap maybe around $20
    does not sound like a blowdryer
    good for overclocking
    :wave:

with out spending exorbarnt amouts of money you are not going to beat the volcano 7+

Comment

Hey I'd also look into the new Swiftech HS... I can't remember where I saw it (I think on a TT review) but it looked like a real cooling demon. It had twisted poles instead of fins.
      BTW, if you are going to OC, you better make sure your priorities are in line... Cheap HSF versus new CPU... hmmm I know what I would do.
      Spend the extra couple bucks and get a better HS.

Comment

Heck here it is right here.....

Trust me...don't cheap out on a HS if you can avoid it.:flames:

Comment

The minimum ya need is a Volcano 7+ but if ya can afford more for the higher end screamers then go for it. On a price/performance basis ya can't beat the 7+ and rarely will ya need full speed with the fan. The best comparison goin' atm, http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm (ya'll find that all the better performing heatsinks all used super high speed fans to out do the 7+) :devil win
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

ya i suppose i'll get a 7+, but i've been hearing its more of a hassle to get it to stick onto a slot A, so i was worried

im going to taiwan in the winter, probably cheaper there?

Comment

What in the hell does "slot A" have to do with this question? :confused:

Comment

hrm... it supposedly can work with both p4's and amd's am i right?

Comment

Yes that's right but it still didn't answer the "slot A" question though (I want to hear this one). :p

Comment

Working...
                  X