Quiet 80mm Case Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet 80mm Case Fans

I am about to buy a new case to give my computer somewhere to live while I cut holes in my current case and paint it etc. It has 4 spots for 80mm fans that I want to fill, but I am unsure which fan will be best. Eventually, it will become a file/internet connection server I think so I want it to run pretty quietly so it can sit in a corner and not bother anyone.

I am deciding between the Vantec Stealth( 27cfm @ 21dBa), the evercool aluminium(37cfm @ 26dBa) and the enermax adjustable(25-40cfm @ 20-40dBa).

On manufacturers specs the evercool sounds damned good to me, but I have heard those numbers can be quite off the mark. Can anyone with experience with any of those fans let me know what they are like. Especially the evercool, because I haven't heard much about them but I think they are quite new on the market.

another good one is Panaflo
    and the evercool aluminium are just re-baged titan fans, so if you can track down the titan ones they will probably be cheaper.
    Personaly i would say "screw every one else" and put high speed fans in, but thats just me :p

Comment

Really any good fan in the 35-40 cfm range is quiet. ;)

Ball bearing fans are a little noisier than sleeve bearings ones but will last much longer. :)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I've got 4 80mm ball-bearing antec smartfans and they are great.. Cant even realy hear them since they only switch to full speed if the case gets too hot... I would highly reccomend some of these... They are only like $15-17 a piece so that isnt too bad... At full 2900 rpms they cool with 45 cfm... Since they are smart fans they also have 8 automatically changing speeds... Still not as much air flow as the thermal take smart fans but these are a whole lot quieter.

I give them :thumb: :thumb: 's up!!!

Comment

To bad that they're double that price here in Australia. :rolleyes2

Comment

Working...
          X