Volcano 9 to loud!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volcano 9 to loud!

The Volcano 7+ would've been the better buy for both cooling and noise. I don't think Gigabyte changed to much with the KT400 chipset over the KT333 so the board probably reads around 6C higher than most (I know that mine does). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Wow, yet another complaint about the Volcano 9, why did they bring out such a thing if it's not as good as the Volcano 7+? It's like what NVidia did with the GeForce 4 MX series... LOL! I didn't notice you also have one of those, I guess we're just too prone to higher numbers than actual benchmarks, for instance, some Via KT333 chipsets are a little faster than the Via KT400 chipsets, other than the obvious new features of course...

I know now that it's best to research on products before you buy them, this forum is a good place to find out glitches and flaws, also good points about hardware/software.

So next time you feel like buying another comp' component, research into it deeply before you blow your money on something that you could of got better.

Also, well-known brand-names for products aren't always the best!

Comment

The biggest problem with the 9 is bad numbering as it's just an upgrade of the plain Volcano 7. Really though I spose they could've called the 7+ an Ultra instead would cut the confusion. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
        X