splitting a speed selector.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• splitting a speed selector.

just checking before i do it, if i used a fan splitter and ran my volcano 7+ and my smartfan2 of the one speed switch it would not have any negative affects would it???
    save buying 2 of those slot speed selecters, or making on (too lazy).

Most items like this will have a maximum amperage rating. Double check the fans and make sure that you're not exceeding this rating.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Knowing these items very well it would be much better (and cheaper in the long run) to get a second one as the switch is only designed to carry one fan and the components get hot enough from that. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Would a baybus be out of the question ? That way you could control some of your other fans at the same time.
        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Here is a 3 Port - Dual Voltage Baybus (Fits in a 3.5" Bay)
          Or, how about a 6 Port - Dual Voltage Baybus
          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

I'm in aus though :(
            Plus i don't really have any spare bays, and I have 3 fans hooked up to a on/off system.

Comment

Hey they don't have to be fitted in a bay, I've seen plenty fitted into the side panel which is no worse than havin' a fan or two in it (and can be better positioned to allow easier power disconnection) when full panel removal is required. :devil win
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I think i'll just get 1 of the Tt speed selectors and implement either a knob or make the existing speed selector in to a slot as well.

Comment

anyone added lights to these switches?? don't see why it would be a problem if its set to the high position. most only pull less then an amp of power.

Comment

Working...
                  X