Voncano 7+ or 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voncano 7+ or 9

Ok, I'm running an XP1600 with a Voncano 6cu+ on it... It runs in pretty hot areas which can't really be helped but I need to cool it down so I'm thinking of an upgrade in cooler.

I've got all the case fans setup as best (1 x 80 front intake, 2 x 60 rear exhaust) but it's still too hot.
    I've not got the space for a top so I'm hoping a new cooler will help.

I'm just wondering which is likely to be better.
    The all copper 7+ or the new 9?

Thanks

definatly a 7+

Comment

The 7+ and the evidence why is here :devil win

Comment

Tt SubZero4G
        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

don't peliter just die all of a sudden?

Comment

Yes it's not nice when they go as they usually take something/s more with them not to mention the problems with condensation that you have to take care of as well. :(
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

7+
              - Damien

Comment

"Apparently", they have found a solution to the condensation problem...Time will tell if it really is all that great, but if so, then we could have a "new"(old) solution to the heat issues of todays hot CPUs. I have a Volcano7+ and I like it. I'm not saying "Don't get one", I'm just saying that there might be another choice soon.: peace2:
                SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Price has alot to do with it...even tho there is something better than the 7+ ( there already is ) the price might not be too good on the pocket. I have to agree with you tho the 7+ is great.:thumb:
                  - Damien

Comment

The SLK800 is the best around atm but at double the price of a 7+ without a fan it ain't worth it in my wallet. ;)
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I haven't done the SLK yet, but the Swiftech I just tested garnered the lowest temperatures to date. We're talking 31C at idle and 34C under load. Not too shabby in my book, but they are rather pricey.
                      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                      My Toys

Comment

And how's the noise level with those HSF's ? That's the other thing to consider.:zzz:
                        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Working...
                        X