HSF's and thermal paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSF's and thermal paste

Hi everyone, Im in the middle of building a new amd athlon xp system at the mo and would be grateful of some advice on HSF.

Im not looking to do any overclocking but would like to get the most reliable and efficient componants I can afford.

The HSF's I like the look of the QuietPC Zalman Flowercooler, The Thermalright SLK-800 or the SK7+.

Is there anything tricky with the installation of any of the above at all? which would you recommend for a novice?

Also is it recommended to use thermal paste with either of these and the athlon xp?

thanks in advance for your help

Simon

:cheers:

Totally forget the Zalman as it ain't really up to the task though the Thermalright SLK-800 is the best but I find that the Thermaltake Volcano 7+ is more than enough and half the price of the Thermalright SLK-800. The best HSF reference atm can be found here. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Wiggo, Thanks alot for the link. Will have a good look through.

Thanks again

Simon

Comment

yup make sure you combine the skl-800 with a decent fan either a tt smart fan 2 or a delta or vantec tornado for maxium cooling if u get a delta or vantec pick up a rheo bus to control this jet engine the smart fan 2 is better IMO
        :thumb:

Comment

Working...
        X