Overheated (booted) by 2d game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheated (booted) by 2d game

Check the mounting again to make sure that you're getting good contact with the core. If this is ok then your case isn't providing enough airflow and this can be checked by opening the case to see how the case temps change, if they go down then there's ya prob. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Comment

Well you should try and pick up some AS3 as that will drop the temps a tad. Next make sure you didnt put too much AS2 on. I did so my temps were around 48C. I took it off then reapplied a much thinner coat. I'm getting around 38C now :rolleyes2

Comment

Uhm... To much... To much, yeah, I may have put "to much" on...
          We may say that I made sure the core where covered enough to not be seen under the coat.
          How do I know whats enough? Ill better grab AS3 and make a new try. If only there would be some new AMD's out soon I could do the "de-coating" while upgrading the cpu. (got a 2100+ now and I rather grab nv30 than a new cpu).

Best Regards
          JemyM

Comment

You want it to just cover the core. Maybe a mm or so. Remember its just there so the HSF can make good contact. The HSF sits quite low so it doesnt need much at all.

Comment

Comment

You only require a layer of AS/II/III or anyother thermal paste as thin as a sheet of paper applied evenly. ;)
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I covered it as thin as I could, but making sure that the black cpu core could not be seen through the goo. :)
                  Wich might indeed be to much :P

Best Regards
                  JemyM

Comment

Working...
                  X