CPU temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU temps

I am curious to know, if you guys with your cooling setup well take off the door to your case, do your temps rise or fall(or not change)?

I am currently running my computer with my case open because I don't have the tools(yet) to chop holes in my case and it heats up too much with the door on at the moment and I want to know what to expect once I do get my fans installed properly and can close my case up.

If ya temps drop when ya take off the side then ya know that ya case ventilation isn't enough. ;)

Mine will go up 1-2C with the sides off as they all carry fans there. :)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Wiggo is right....most of the time the temps drop

I have seen some rare cases where the temp will only marginally drop but the chipset temp rises alarmingly...that's because the setup originally had a good directional airflow over the mobo chipset (and that IS important cause mobo chipset temps and vid card temps can cause as much instability) and removing the case cover spoiled that....its actually like that in my son's LianLi case with a Swiftech MC462A cooler......we actually get a lesser overclock with the case cover removed because of this....but the LianLi cases have exceptional cooling as stock with two extra input and one extra output fans as standard

Horses for courses but a simple rule of thumb is to make sure you have at least as much exhaust from the case as you have input PLUS some to spare......and like I said directional flows will make a difference

Comment

UNEEC case's (Antec, Cheiftec, Chenming, etc, etc, ...) also have very good cooling as well. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i'm running a slightly oc'ed p4 2.0a on an asus mobo in a slightly modded lian pc60..
          all i've done is changed th top blow hole for a 120 fan and put a 60mm fan behind th mobo (cut hole thru th tray and side panel to blow in), i don't know if th case temp dropped with th larger exhaust but i took 2c off th mobo temp with th addition of th 60mm..
          at full load gaming or using sandra burn in i don't see temps exceeding 42c (fans flat out) and on idle my cpu temp is normally around 24-25c (stock 2.4 intel cooler) with all fans on low power which gives me th peace i want when just surfing, just want to quieten my hdd now..
          don't know what sort of temps i can expect in th summer but it's november at th mo.. meaning pretty cool here in England

Comment

Working...
          X