Which HSF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which HSF?

I am about to buy a new heatsink and am wondering what you guys suggest. I have noticed that nearly everybody uses the Volvano 7+, but from what i've read, the SLK800 with a smartfan II on it should be a better performer(although over twice the price).

Do you guys think it is worth my money to get the SLK800, or is the extra cooling not worth the money?

If you can afford the SLK-800 then go for it but most of us can only afford the 7+ but it does do it's job. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

if your not worried about $'s then the SLK-800 is the better but not but $60-$70's (AU$) if you ask me, go to www.dansdata.com and have a look at the cooler comparison.

Comment

Question how loud do u want it ???

The SKL-800 is the best HS out there atm combined with a vantec tornadao or delta 80mm that pushes 80+cfm u will have the best air cooling u can get for HSF.

There are also over good HS and Fan combinations u can use.

I say a AX7 coupled with the Smart Fan II will make a good choice u could get this package for under $100 AUD which is a good deal.

:D

Comment

Hello all first time posting here.Nice place you have hear with lots of good info.Although this is my first post I have been here reading for some time and there is very good info here.

Anyway I have a question about swiftech's MCX462+T Thermoelectric heatsink.Has anybody used this??What do you think the good and bad features are?I was thinking about getting this setup and the extra power supply you need to run this puppy but I wanted to see if anybody has used this before.I have read a couple reviews on it but the ones that I have read still left me confused and not knowing what kind of temps you get and how much it helps you in overclocking.

Comment

The model that you're looking at uses a peltier element in the cooling process of your processor. While the peltier system has huge advantages where cooling in concerned, it has a very limited life span. What this means to you is that your peltier unit can just quit working on you with no advance warning signs. Since this unit will still be mounted between the processor core and an already proven MCX462 HSF, you will have little to no cooling on your processor when it decides to crap out on you.

Bottom line, it cools like nobody's business, but when it dies, it is likely your processor will follow within a few seconds.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Even at half speed the SMART FAN II is noisy and irritating at high speed. :(
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

does anyone know where to get the vantec's in AUS?
                coz i need a better 92mm for the bottom of my case, that ones only rated at 50cfm :(

Comment

Hey SegiY, could a 80mm be made to fit there? Because the SF and SFII's are very nice fans :thumb:

Comment

i have a SF2 in the side of my case now, but no :( the hole in the front is perfect for a 92mm, but it does look cool :)

Comment

Working...
                    X