Who needs air cooling when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who needs air cooling when......

You can cool with liquid nitrogen. Click here for the article. They are cooling there Radeon 9700 with the nitrogen. They got a 3dMark Score of 20000. WOW!
    I think they have also cooled a processor with the nitrogen? Oh yeah, the article is not in english....but I think the pics are enough!!!!!
    :thumb:

Alot of those are one off uses, a bit of a waste, and not a real score (cheating) if you ask me

Comment

might be, but I thought it was cool looking. Did you see the ice forming all around the video card and on the mobo. I thought the crystrals on the other side of the vpu that formed were cool.

Comment

While LN2 can result in some massive clock speeds, it does tend to destroy the components rather quickly. If only I could have enough disposable income to be able to get a brand new processor and OC it til it cooks. :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Wow, that is something...i remember a while back the highest 3d mark was 17 grand (Ti4600)...now look at this...and that 4GHz monster...nice:thumb:

Yes, the ice formation around the GPU is badass...:thumb:
          - Damien

Comment

I really do not think I would even consider using LN2 to cool my overclocked hardware...even if I had the extra income. It is foolish, but cool for other ppl to do and show me some cool pictures! :thumb:

Comment

I wouldnt do that to my poor computer. I wouldnt mind some water cooling to see what the 9700 is really capable of achieving though :D.

Comment

hehe, yeah that would probably be sweet! I would not mind seeing someone set up a water cooled radeon9700 and see what it actually made of!!!! :laugh:

Comment

No doubt it won't be long and some one will

Comment

:D, My radeon is currently running at: Core, 318mhz - Memory, 353mhz.

Comment

what cooling are you using?

Comment

Stock fan on the Radeon with 5 Smart fans in the case...

Comment

Smart Fan 1 or 2?
                          Are you going to put something better than stock cooling on it?

Comment

SF 1, the SF 2's were sold out :cry:

I changed the settings a bit it's at: 321/354, core/memory. Right now my sys temps are at 30C and the CPU temp is at 38C. So I don't think the Radeon is much hotter. I would probably put a aftermarket hsf on it, when I gather up the curage to mod a $300+ card

Comment

Do they clip on on those???
                              If so have you put artic silver on it yet???

Comment

Working...
                              X