MBM 5.2 and asus a7v333

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBM 5.2 and asus a7v333

Ive seen alot posted about temps and the asus sensor readings and I am worried and confused!!!!!!!!!!
    I was told that MBM5.2 reads directly from the cpu sensor and gives the "actual" cpu temp.
    Heres my dilema;
    The asus I-panel says cpu 61' m/b 31'
    asus probe the same info.
    a sensor stuck under the heatsink and on the m/b gives 46' cpu and 29.6' m/b.
    MBM 5.2 is cpu 66' m/b 31'.
    I was running a volcano7 with a smart fan on it and the temps were about 4' cooler.
    It now is running boxed set HSF so my warranty isnt screwed as this is the second CPU cos the first one cooked.
    Sytem as follows:
    asus a7v333
    1800+xp@1533
    amd HSF
    oem 512 ddr
    710B enermax case
    430w enermax P/S
    2 ex smartfans at rear
    2intake smartfans front
    winfast 4600ti
    2 x network cards

Any suggestions apart from watercooling cos to me it's cheaper to put an air con. in the room, would be appreciated.
    :snip:

Wow those are some pretty high temps. What is the room temp? Anyway, make sure the fan for the Volcano is plugged in and running. What kind of TIM did you use? AS3?

Comment

Thanks for the answers in advance.

I used the one that is on the AMD HSF out of the box set.
      That is the HSF I'm using at the moment.IT's not silver but it's SUPPOSED to be OK.When I had the volcano7 on I used genuine arctic silver. I have a second system running an asus a7a266 with a 1200 duron with amd HSF and it's temps are 46' and 31' room temp 27.3'.
      What I would like to know is what heat sink is best.
      I will put the smart fan 2 on anything as long as it works.
      I've done some checking and the testing scores you see on the net for HSF don't seem achievable as their temps were way lower than mine to start with.
      What would be a safe IDLE TEMP for my setup.(all temps I've quoted were no load at idle totally standard settings.At this temp Iwouldn't dare attempt O/C ing.!!!!!!!!!!!)

Comment

Generally you should have your temps to be around 5C more than your room temp. The Volcano 7+ is the best HSF for the price.

Comment

I was reading on another thread that with the new m/b and cpu's that the cpu core diode gives a higher reading than the original m/b sensor as it is inside the cpu rather than placed under the cpu?
          does this explain the temp diff. from 60' on m/b cpu sensor and 66' on cpu diode?
          it has now been 4 days since the cpu was fitted and the diode temp is 61' m/b cpu sensor 57' m/b32' room temp 33.6'.
          when you say 5' above room temp are you saying the cpu should be running at 38'? Or the m/b? as it is lower than room temp which to me means the case fans are doing their job at least!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X