No announcement yet.

best hsf out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I was gonna buy the Arkua 8568..............but now newegg is sold out and I plan on ordering my system by friday.

I'm getting a p4 2.0 and I "plan" on OCing it to 2.6, MONEY is a problem for me..........$45 for a hsf is fine with me but $45 just for the HS, I don't think I can handle.

So I guess my question is what HSF combo should I buy that will get me somewhere close to the slk-800 w/ thermaltake smart fan II?

Comment

The Thermaltake Volcano 7+ works very well for P4's as well as Athlons. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Have to agree with Wiggo...good price for a very good HS&F.
        - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by evolart
          Well I was gonna buy the Arkua 8568..............but now newegg is sold out and I plan on ordering my system by friday.

I'm getting a p4 2.0 and I "plan" on OCing it to 2.6, MONEY is a problem for me.......... for a hsf is fine with me but just for the HS, I don't think I can handle.

So I guess my question is what HSF combo should I buy that will get me somewhere close to the slk-800 w/ thermaltake smart fan II?
          the Alpha PAL8942 is a decent performer - maybe not quite as good at a Volcanoe7+, but you can use any 80mm fan w/it for lower noise levels - I picked one up for $30USD

Comment

I would have to agree with Wiggo especially given the cost....my Swiftech MC462A cost me over $AU200 delivered and the Swiftech MCXC370 cost $AU149 delivered.....damn good heatsinks though but the cost is a bit high....

Comment

You should check out Akasa Silver Mountain 2. I'm running Athlon 1.4 @ 30 degrees http://www.nexfan.com/29/347.htm?55

Check the link only $29

Comment

Working...
              X