No announcement yet.

Volcano 7+ Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can got 46 degrees in CPU temp and 33 degrees in system temp with side case is open and desk fan blowing into my case. But still, my friend computer cpu temp got 42 with side panel closed with standard HSF and his computer only have 1 80mm intake and 1 80mm exhaust, mine have 2 80mm intake, and 2 80mm exhaust! I got about 5 degrees decrease when using TT Volcano7+ from standard hsf from AMD. :confused:

Comment

Frankly I think your friend just has a better breathing case. I've seen a lot of cases that resembles the interior of your's and I've found that nearly all of the models based on this chassis have no provision for the front intake fans to get fresh air from outside the case and they just wind up recirculating case air. I maybe wrong in your case but I don't think so some how. There are a lot of good looking cases out there now but few are very practical. : peace2:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I had a volcano 7 + and i had a problem with the spring not being directly over the cpu contact, might want to check ti make sure

Comment

On a side not, i believe it is impossible for a CPU to idle below case temperature. The best any air cooler can do it to cool to near, or at ambient temperatures.

Comment

I already modify the front case to ensure the fan suck air from outside the case. This is done by sealing holes in front of my case such as near FDD, CD ROM, empty bays, etc. So the air inside my case will not sucked again by front fans.
            Btw my friends case has the same height and width with my case with the same structure inside, but mine has place for 2 exhaust at the back instead 1 on my friend's case.

Comment

update.... I just reinstalled the heatsink and apply brand new artic silver III to it, and change my exhaust fans to sunon high speed 80mm, and guess what, my temp decreased to 45 degrees under full load (folding)! The only thing I hate is the loudd noice caused by these sunon fans!

Comment

That does tend to point that case ventilation can be improved then. ;)
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yes considering that my processor is 37.7 while idle. I have a wbk38 on my processor. I also have fans in my case that are nicely positioned cause I bought it that way. I wonder if I should get a volcano 7+ to see if my temps will drop anymore. Cause at night when my parents turn off the AC my temps can creep up as high as 45.

Comment

Now I tried to oc my xp 1800 @ 145 fsb and everything runs fine!. The temp only increase about 2 degrees under full load to 47 degrees. To reduce the noise, I modify the cable connector of my 2 sunon fans so it has the same speed switch with my Volcano7+.
                    Btw how far can usually people go with locked xp 1800 oc? I tried to run on 166 fsb with fail safe defaults settings but no post at all. I have not tried any higher than 145 since the PCI divider changed to 1/5 only on 166 fsb or above.

Comment

Working...
                    X