No announcement yet.

Volcano 7+ Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What case cooling do you have? Need to get that hot air out of the case.

Comment

I have 2 80mm intake in the front and 2 80mm exhaust at the back, below is the picture of my case:

I tried to remove the heatsink and clean the core + the HSF and apply it using artic silver but the result still the same....
      The best I can get on medium speed is 51 degrees (when idling).

Comment

Have you tried with the side panel off to see if all the fans are working? It shouldn't be that hot, but it takes time for the AS3 to cure also.

Comment

thank you crappy asian products...i took it back and im gonna get a cooler master heat pipe.

Comment

Well good luck with whatever your final solution turns out to be.

Comment

If you read the reviews on the heat pipes they should only be taken on then heatsink quality cos the heat pipes are configered on the sides so if you put them in a desktopcase the heat rises.
              But when you put them in a tower case the pipe is on its side so then the heat cant.
              I'll try and find the link and post it cos it does make sense and there are photos to show you the flaw in using them in towers.

Comment

Guys i decided not to get a Thermal Take 7+ ( only because i had to wait 3 weeks untill stoopid supplyer got one in ) and got myself a differnat brand ( brand unknown at this time :D im at work and cant remember )

The temp of my cpu never goes over 50 deg and thats oc`ed and under a load. 50 deg sounds fair ??

was running at 50 deg idle .

When i get home i will post the brand.

Does 5000rpm @28db i think

Comment

50C sounds fair, especially for your processor.

my XP1700 at 1614Mhz goe up to 51C on load using a vantec cck6035D with a 5400rpm ystech.

then again, ambient is about 30-32C on average.

Comment

All i can say is wow.
                    I, like many other happy consumers of the volcano 7 + are amazed that it has performed so porrly for you. Wish i could see a diagram/image of your connection with the volcano 7 +.
                    I have not had any problems with it, in fact this is the first that i know of, that someone has not been satisified with the volcano 7+ either as a p4 cooler or as an AMD cooler.

Comment

Yes it's hard to believe isn't it especially when I've used close to 20 of them now. :confused:
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

most of the problems stem from improper mounting, i.e. mounted the other way round.

amazingly, the cooler still manages to keep the proc alive, even though mounted wrong!

Comment

That's about all I can think of unless their case doesn't breathe at all. :(

Comment

It's a mystery why his doesn't work. If the fan is running and air is flowing the correct direction, it has to be a mounting problem.

Comment

Btw today I just bought and installed GA-7VRXP rev 2.0 for my friend and have similar specs with my system. The things that amazed me is the CPU temprature far more low than my system! The system temp is about 41 degrees and the CPU temp is about 42 using standard HSF!. When I was using the standard HSF from AMD my temp was about 55-57 degrees! Both system using artic silver too. Now I change using TT Volcano 7+ only can got 52 when idling. Is this caused by my system 7VRXP got rev 1.1 and the temp monitor is read by a sensor underneath the cpu core instead of the rev 2.0 read by thermaldiode? If so, why the readings using thermal sensor underneath the cpu core 10 degrees more higher?!

Comment

What temps do you get with the side off and a deskfan blowing into the case? :?:

Comment

Working...
                                X