max cpu temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max cpu temp

I have just got an athalon 1200 and have it running at 1449 at the moment but the temps gone up to 54C at idle and 58C under load
    Dose anyone know how hot I can run it before I start to do damage

:) If it's an accurate measurement, 50 C or lower is preferable.

Comment

If you're using Asus Probe to measure the temperatures then you're most likely doing a good bit better than those temperatures indicate. This device is woefully inaccurate and any results should be suspect.

If you're using an actual probe or a means in which the numbers are close to true, then likely you have a problem with either not enough or poor airflow. I'm not looking too hard at your heatsink since there is only a 4C difference in temperatures between idle and load. This generally indicates an effective cooler, but the best cooler in the world won't do squat if it only has hot air to work with.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Thanks Guys have removed both sides of my case and replaced one side with a healthy 320mm fan
        this has dropped the case temp to 25C and the CPU temp to 47C but I have slowed down to 1360 mhz (on purpose ) now just have to stop the kids poking little finguers in the holes

:wave:

Comment

You're probably going to want a serious look at your case ventilation and possiblely your CPU cooler as well. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
            You're probably going to want a serious look at your case ventilation and possiblely your CPU cooler as well. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>
            What is good case ventilation? I have the Ahanix Platinum XP, also sold under the name Neon Light. Its has two 80mm case fans.

Comment

It doesn't look to have much additional room for front or rear fans but take a look at all the available real estate here! Got a dremel tool? :D
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

Lots of room there for some fans.

Comment

Working...
                X